Map object/class

Post by Wendy Marle » Fri, 09 Jun 1995 04:00:00

We are looking for a class library that supports geographic maps.  We
are not interested in bit maps.  We heard about a product called
PowerPlot but have been unable to locate the vendor.  Any information
about PowerPlot or any other vendor of map class libraries would be
greatly appreciated.

Wendy Marlett

1. std::map::find() for class objects

Hi all,

I have implemented a map that uses a struct as the key.

struct USER
{
  WCHAR* _pwszName;
  BYTE _byIndex;

  // other stuff left out.

OK, I have used a shared_ptr for this data in the map, and everything
works well.  I have defined a < operator for this structure that
compares the name and the index, and returns true if either one is
less, etc, etc.

So, I can quite happily insert users, and it does indeed distinguish
between the two member variables of user.

The problem comes when I try and use map::find() to find a given user.
 It only seems to work with certain values, even though when I output
the contents of the map, I can see the elements are there.  If I try
and insert them again, then I find that I cannot, which is correct,
but I just cannot _find_ them!

Any help would be much appreciated.
Shane Porter,

2. Cut and Paste between MS-DOS Prompt windows ??????

3. mapping RDBMS tables to Object Classes

4. q. Using Pivot tables with data that can fit multiple categories

5. O/S headers define "struct map" conflicts with STL "class map"

6. amiga 1000 schematic

7. How to deep copy a derived-class object through a base-class object pointer?

8. Changing pages based on system time

9. Passing objects from a class module to routines in other class objects

10. file mapping object question (kernel objects)

11. Persistent Objects-Object Relational Mapping-Regarding

12. Calling non-virtual member functions in derived class with base class object and function pointer

13. pass object or use object of class?