Good OO CASE tool with C++ code generation

Good OO CASE tool with C++ code generation

Post by Yonat Shar » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
I would like to get recommendations for a OO CASE tool that:
1. Runs on MS Windows.
2. Generates C++ code.
3. Can store pseudo-code (to show the managers).
4. Can read C++ code and reverse engineer it.

I have a list of such products, but I would like to know what
people that actually used these tools think.

Thanks,
Yonat.

Post by Philip Gruebel » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I would like to get recommendations for a OO CASE tool that:
> 1. Runs on MS Windows.
> 2. Generates C++ code.
> 3. Can store pseudo-code (to show the managers).
> 4. Can read C++ code and reverse engineer it.

> I have a list of such products, but I would like to know what
> people that actually used these tools think.

> Thanks,
> Yonat.

System Architect from Popkin Software is pretty good.  Like most
current CASE tools, though, it has some pretty obvious bugs.
I hear that Rose's tool has many bugs as well.  SA gives you
a case tool for doing data (base) analysis as well as OOA/D.
It is a 16 bit application which runs on Windows 3.1, 95, and NT.
For NT, you need a keyblock device.   The cost is about $2000 but
they do give out 30 day returnable demos.  Up to now I have been
pretty happy with them.  They claim they will give me a workaround
for the problems I have had.

-phil

Post by Ian Mitche » Tue, 16 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>Subject: Good OO CASE tool with C++ code generation
>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 10:22:58 -200
>Hi,
>I would like to get recommendations for a OO CASE tool that:
>1. Runs on MS Windows.
>2. Generates C++ code.
>3. Can store pseudo-code (to show the managers).
>4. Can read C++ code and reverse engineer it.

I have a CASE tool (called LOCANA) in final beta testing which you
can download for free from :

http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/research/canopus/mitchell/rpl.html

It has the features you mention above except for 4, although it can
make a stab at converting C++ methods to a structure chart
based pseudocode.

Regards, Ian Mitchell

 osiris.sund.ac.uk/research/canopus/mitchell/rpl.html
                 sic biscuitus disintegrat

Good OO CASE tool with C++ code generation

Post by Bob Hathawa » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I just wanted to point out Ian has written several excellent articles
concerning his RAD extensions to the Unified Method (now UML) and this
tool in Object Currents (http://www.sigs.com/objectcurrents) and
the tool will be available in downloadable form as part of the first
in a 3 part series in Issue 5 on May 1.

Best Regards,
Bob

>>Subject: Good OO CASE tool with C++ code generation
>>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 10:22:58 -200

>>Hi,
>>I would like to get recommendations for a OO CASE tool that:
>>1. Runs on MS Windows.
>>2. Generates C++ code.
>>3. Can store pseudo-code (to show the managers).
>>4. Can read C++ code and reverse engineer it.

>I have a CASE tool (called LOCANA) in final beta testing which you
>can download for free from :

>http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/research/canopus/mitchell/rpl.html

>It has the features you mention above except for 4, although it can
>make a stab at converting C++ methods to a structure chart
>based pseudocode.

Robert John Hathaway III
Editor in Chief
Object Currents Hypertext Journal
655 West Irving Park Road, Suite 5417
Chicago, Illinois 60613-313775  USA
Ph:    312-327-2121
Fax:   312-327-2936

       ftp.geodesic.com:/objectcurrents/submissions

1. Good OO CASE tool with C++ code gen

Hi,
I would like to get recommendations for a OO CASE tool that:
1. Runs on MS Windows.
2. Generates C++ code.
3. Can store pseudo-code (to show the managers).
4. Can read C++ code and reverse engineer it.

I have a list of such products, but I would like to know what
people that actually used these tools think.

Thanks,
Yonat.

2. Cisco 1721 Series Router - CIR Rate

3. Announcement: Freeware CASE tool with C++ code generation.

4. HP Openspool anyone?

5. New sportster comment

6. Code generation in CASE-tools: results

7. Delivery failed

8. Good Help Generation tool and Bug Tracking tools???

9. Objecteering 4.2.2.a : UML CASE TOOL JAVA & C++ Generation => 1 month FREE !

10. Looking for OO case tool source code

11. (AD) FREE TRIAL OF OO A&D, REVERSE ENGINEERING, CODE GEN, META-CASE TOOL