what is the best way to interface between 2 applications

what is the best way to interface between 2 applications

Post by stpn » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi, hope someone can give me some pointers
We're implementing an SAP system and have to exchange data with a number of
existing applications - NT servers running MSSQL or Oracle
Some have advocated using flat file exchange, some prefer some programming
interface or through ODBC calls.
I'm not so experienced in this and seems both sides have their pros and
cons

What are the things to consider?
Are there any sites which can lead me to further info?
thanks for any suggestions

Post by Caius Mari » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>Hi, hope someone can give me some pointers
>We're implementing an SAP system and have to exchange data with a number of
>existing applications - NT servers running MSSQL or Oracle
>Some have advocated using flat file exchange, some prefer some programming
>interface or through ODBC calls.

Shoot the ones suggesting flat file exchange.

Quote:>I'm not so experienced in this and seems both sides have their pros and
>cons

>What are the things to consider?
>Are there any sites which can lead me to further info?

The problem here is that there are so many ways and the one to use depends
upon the situation.

John - N8086N
Big brother is watching. Disable cookies in your web browser.
Wise man says "Never use a bank with the initials F. U."
Are you interested in a professional society or
guild for programmers? Want to fight section 1706?

See www.programmersguild.org
Newsgroup: us.issues.occupations.computer-programmers

EMail Address: