Converting PDF to normal Ascii text

Post by alan we » Wed, 16 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I am sorry if this was asked before but, I have recently gotten a copy of
Acrobat reader for windows and there is not a lot of tech support out
there (at least not that I know of so on with my question.
I need to know if there is a way that one can convert a pdf file in to
it's normal ascii text. In other words I need something that would give
me the text part of the file with out the fancy fonts and stuff.
I am asking for any help regarding this because it would help
those of us who for one reason or another can not use Acrobat reader.
or those who just wants the text without the rest.
Is there a file out there lurking on the net? Does Adobe have such a thing?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA for any help you can give me.

Converting PDF to normal Ascii text

Post by Robert Schifree » Mon, 21 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Simply print the document to a file, from the File/Print menu, using a
generic ASCII printer driver.

That should work.  If not, copy the text to the clipboard then paste it
into Write or Notepad.

Robert Schifreen            !  "Have you tried re-installing?" is a

CompuServe: 74777,1305      !