"Find" not finding some words

Post by John Payn » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 04:23:44

I am encountering some inconsistent behavior when using the Acrobat Reader
to find words in a PDF file. The Reader will find some words, but miss
others that are in the file. This type of unreliable behavior quickly
renders the find function unusable.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? Again, this is the "find"
function and not the "search" function.

"Find" not finding some words

Post by Helge Blischk » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 02:41:08

> I am encountering some inconsistent behavior when using the Acrobat Reader
> to find words in a PDF file. The Reader will find some words, but miss
> others that are in the file. This type of unreliable behavior quickly
> renders the find function unusable.

> Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? Again, this is the "find"
> function and not the "search" function.

Try copying such a word to the clipboard and then see how it is spelled
there.
Probably the spelling will be different from what you entered in the
find dialog box.

Helge
--

1. "Find" does not find?

I have installed Free Acrobat Reader 505 and tried to use the simple
"Find" command.
I opened the desired document and tested "Find" using a simple word
which I knew that was there. Got message that it did not find any
occurrences of that word.
Can someone explain what is going on here?
Thanks,
Nathan

2. email problem-please help.

3. how to find out "leve" and "bits" of a PCI interrupt

4. HiSoft BASIC

5. MenuItemExecute("Find") Find Dialog disappear problem

6. Wanted: Mac SE stnd keyboard keys ({})

7. How to find a font that Acrobat Reader "Can't find/display"

8. external user interface

9. Any "find" and "replace" functions in powerbuilder?

10. Where is "Find Whole Words"?

11. !!!!!"""""IMPORTANTE"""""!!!!!

12. HP - "scanner not found" ??

13. Visioneer--"Scanner not found" message