How run a external program without warning

How run a external program without warning

Post by Albert » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

I need to now how run a external program (like lotus screencam) without a
warning from Acrobat Reader

A.Mariscal
Spain

Post by Aandi Inst » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

>I need to now how run a external program (like lotus screencam) without a
>warning from Acrobat Reader

If the warning could be disabled, it would make PDF files potentially
unsafe for web use. So I hope there isn't a way.
---------------------------------------

Imposition and booklets for PDF - http://www.quite.com/imposing/

How run a external program without warning

Post by Albert » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Thank you for your answer, but I need run a program from CD-ROM for a demo
and training purposes. The logical option from Adobe will be a parameter or
similar.

Post by Aandi Inst » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>Thank you for your answer, but I need run a program from CD-ROM for a demo
>and training purposes. The logical option from Adobe will be a parameter or
>similar.

>> If the warning could be disabled, it would make PDF files potentially
>> unsafe for web use. So I hope there isn't a way.

Yes, but in my view any parameter or option is open to abuse.  A file
may have originally come from an un-trusted source. Or, a user may be
encouraged set up a "trusting" Acrobat reader then use it to open a
bad file from the web.

I think we are stuck with this. Well, I hope so.
---------------------------------------

Imposition and booklets for PDF - http://www.quite.com/imposing/

How run a external program without warning

Post by pp » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

If you just need to run a film-like demo of computer screenings from the
acrobat try this:

Capture the action with some application like screen cap or screenmovie
(shareware).
convert it to avi files
or
quicktime files
attach it as a movie form into the acrobat documents, allowing the control
panel visible
or making some action forms (buttons) to play and stop and rewind the action at
any moment you want.

As an addition, if you use quick time format, you can ad timming and
start/play/stop commands within the movie. On the other hand yo're obliged to
distribute also the quick time viewer with your acrobat CD-ROM

Suerte.

Alberto escribi:

> Thank you for your answer, but I need run a program from CD-ROM for a demo
> and training purposes. The logical option from Adobe will be a parameter or
> similar.

> > If the warning could be disabled, it would make PDF files potentially
> > unsafe for web use. So I hope there isn't a way.
> > ---------------------------------------

> > Imposition and booklets for PDF - http://www.quite.com/imposing/

1. External USB2.0 hard-drive without external power supply?

Hi ALL

Anyone out there using a PCMCIA USB2.0 adapter WITH USB2.0 external
drive enclosure for 2.5 inch drive..ALL WITHOUT EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY
in Tohiba laptop? Is this kinda setup going to work without external
power supply and without PS/2 PORT power tap?

Thanks in advance

2. yellow screen crash

3. How to invoke an external program(.exe) without leaving SAS window?

4. Visual InterDev 6.0 70-152

5. How does vim run external programs under unix

6. POOLFIX3.ARC - fix program for TOS 1.4, TOS 1.6

7. Howto run external programs from SAS

8. GetCaretPos reliable?

9. Running external program

10. Running external program...

11. : Can't run external programs

12. running external program with snmp agent.

13. Software to program CM-11 without computer always running?