problem with pdf index build - stops too early

problem with pdf index build - stops too early

Post by Decla » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:26:37

hi all,

I want to create a PDf index file from a large list of 3000 pdf documents in
about 200 subdirectories. When I created the index the build stops either at
10 or 64 catalogued files. I cannot see any logical reason why there are so
many missing, I do not specify to exclude anything. The result shows that it
reads all the files and does not exclude any, but the results are not
complete. There are some errors, mainly E0-210 (transaction) error whatever
that means, but that doesn't cover the vast amount of missing data.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks

problem with pdf index build - stops too early

Post by John B. Freel » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 23:06:25

Post the entire log file please

--
Layton Graphics, Inc.
http://www.layton-graphics.com

Quote:> hi all,

> I want to create a PDf index file from a large list of 3000 pdf documents
in
> about 200 subdirectories. When I created the index the build stops either
at
> 10 or 64 catalogued files. I cannot see any logical reason why there are
so
> many missing, I do not specify to exclude anything. The result shows that
it
> reads all the files and does not exclude any, but the results are not
> complete. There are some errors, mainly E0-210 (transaction) error
whatever
> that means, but that doesn't cover the vast amount of missing data.

> Can anyone shed any light on this?

> thanks

---

problem with pdf index build - stops too early

Post by Decla » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 04:06:51

Heres the log file -

Starting build
Connecting to index
Searching: Z:\saved articles
indexing 2836 documents
search engine messgae: (1) Errors E3-1300 (Io): Couldnt delete
z:\saved\index\\work\t09230ae.bad error 13 (permission denied)
search engine messgae: (1) Errors E3-0026 (VDK): file
z:/index/work/t09230ae. cannot be saved moving to
z:/index/morgue/t09230ae.wrk

search engine messgae: (1) Errors E3-0213 (transactions): data missing!
begin incomplete work file:
search engine messgae: (1) Errors E3-0210 (Io):  x about 50 times

then Index Build successful.

Total acrobat files 2836
total new files 2836
total pages indexes 64