How to scale print outs with the free reader?

How to scale print outs with the free reader?

Post by Dave Moor » Sun, 25 May 2003 06:13:01

I print a lot of Electronic schematics that often
come in .pdf format.

 Unfortunately, sometimes the documents when printed
are too small to read.

 Using the zoom controls makes the image on the screen
bigger but alas of course doesn't have any beneficial effect
on printing.

 Anyone know how I can enlarge the prin outs?

 Thanks
--Dave Moore--

How to scale print outs with the free reader?

Post by Dave Moor » Mon, 26 May 2003 08:51:13

 Well I found that I can simply crop and paste a portion
into another program like PSP or Wordpad and then resize.

However, I am still interested in knowing a way to do it
straight out of the free acrobat reader with little or no
shenanigans.

Quote:> I print a lot of Electronic schematics that often
> come in .pdf format.

>  Unfortunately, sometimes the documents when printed
> are too small to read.

>  Using the zoom controls makes the image on the screen
> bigger but alas of course doesn't have any beneficial effect
> on printing.

>  Anyone know how I can enlarge the print outs?

>  Thanks
> --Dave Moore--

1. Printing A4-scaled postscript from PDF-reader using Unix command line

I have a problem with printing PDF documents to our HP4MP and HP5MX
printers. The problem is, that the PDF-reader for HPUX doesn't scale the
documents to A4, but is only capable of printing them in a standard 11x14
inch. format. This results in a postscript file that is being ignored by
the printers.

Any ideas how to overcome this problem? GhostScript? buy the whole Acrobat
3.0 package for HPUX (is Acrobat Exchange capable of scaling the
documents?)?

-Jorgen

Remove 'nojunk' from email address

2. J-Engine

3. OCR of old A3 DotMatrix Print Outs

4. ORA-00947: WHY!?!?!?

5. Black printer starting to smudge print-outs

6. Pro Engineer R20: need crack

7. PM5/Mac Incorrect Print-outs on Agfa RIP

8. What is max speed on 712/60 serial port?

9. pertt and critical chart print outs

10. Acrobat Reader prints boxes when closed during printing

11. Reader 3.01 prints Blanks, 2.1 prints OK

12. Reader in gray scale?

13. Problems printing in Excel using scaling