Linking to PDF files from HTML

Post by Martin Wulf » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 05:39:10

I would like to be able to link to specific locations within a PDF
file (not just the start of the document) from HTML.  I know I can do
this if the HTML is on a file server, but the same syntax does not
work on a workstation.  Since this is for a distribution CD, I have a
problem.

The syntax I am using in the html link:

pdfFileName.pdf#BookMark

Has anyone been able to do this?  Any help appreciated.

TIA,

Martin

1. Creating an HTML link to a pdf file on an ftp server

I created an HTML index file that lists HTML links to pdf files on an FTP
server. The links worked fine with Internet Explorer 5.0, but after I
upgraded to IE5.5, I now get "The page cannot be displayed" error.

How can I recreate the pdf links so that they work for IE 5.0 and up?

2. Large SCSI partition probs

3. html links to destinations in pdf file

4. Grey lancaster

5. Can't save pdf file opened via html link

6. PPP out-of-sequence packets

7. HTML link to linked PDF documents

8. cpu_serial and provider

9. "HTML" Links in a .PDF File ---> How?

10. How to link to a pdf bookmark from a HTML file

11. HTML Links to Inside PDF Files

12. PDF files in a folder --> HTML links page

13. How do I create PDF files which include HTML links