How can I make pdf files

Post by Juan Albert » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:47:01

I want to know the program I would need to make PDF's files with Word.
I Know some of then such as Adobe Acrobat Distriller and Adobe Acrobat 4.0,
but none of this programs are free.
Is there any posibility to get some of this programs for free?
thank you

How can I make pdf files

Post by Andi » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 05:28:30

If you're just looking for a way to create pdf from Word, I know of two
options that are free:
1. Get the program Ghostscript (free) and a postscript printer driver
(free). This method involves a lot of in-depth knowledge about pdf, as far
as I know
or 2. Go to http://www.ctrlp.com/services.asp, there you find the text "For
the fastest possible download of your artwork files use our FREE file
compression software which normally retails at over 60. Click here to get
your copy." The software is called Jaws Pdf Creator, formerly known as 5D
Pdf Creator, formerly known as Niknak. For you it's free of charge. You'll
need to register with ctrlp, give them a valid email address of yours so
that they can send you the license key etc. I like this software very much,
it's easy to handle. What creating pdf from Word is concerned, it let's you
do a lot of those things that Adobe Acrobat does. What editing, security
etc. is concerned, you'd still need Adobe Acrobat.

Quote:> I want to know the program I would need to make PDF's files with Word.
> I Know some of then such as Adobe Acrobat Distriller and Adobe Acrobat
4.0,
> but none of this programs are free.
> Is there any posibility to get some of this programs for free?
> thank you

How can I make pdf files

Post by Vi Wisdo » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 05:54:58

You can get Ghostscript 6.50 and GSView 3.4 at
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.html or you can download 5D PDF
Creator from http://www.ctrlp.com for FREE. Ghostscript would like you
to register but you're not required to. 5D PDF Creator is registerable
for free.

Ghostscript/GSView work hand-in-hand to view postscript files and to
make PDF files along with a host of other useful postscript
conversions. I prefer 5D PDF Creator because of its simplicity. It sets
up a printer port that makes PDF files from any program including Word.
I think you will prefer to make your PDF files from it but you may like
Ghostscript as well. I keep Ghostscript as another viewer for PDF
files. If it won't open in Ghostscript, that's a sure indication your
PDF is faulty. I use it as a safety net.

---------------

> I want to know the program I would need to make PDF's files with Word.
> I Know some of then such as Adobe Acrobat Distriller and Adobe
Acrobat 4.0,
> but none of this programs are free.
> Is there any posibility to get some of this programs for free?
> thank you

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

How can I make pdf files

Post by pere » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:54:01

Puedes usar el programa de ctrlp.com o el de aladdin, los dos dan buenos
resultados, al menos a mi me lo han dado, aunque slo con el de acrobat
puedes crear forms, links, proteger con password etc; el de aladdin es
complicado si no usas el ghostview (es una interfaz tipo windows fcil de
entender)
Saludos
Pere

1. Can JPEGS be made into PDF files?

I am new to PDF.   We just bought the Acrobat
suite where I work but I have yet to start using
it.

We want to use PDF to make an online (cdrom)
"manual" of everything needed to build a
particular machine that we build in house.  These
PDF files would be Autocad drawings, pictures
taken with a digital camera, etc.

I know PDF files can be easily produced from
Autocad EPS files or Excel or Word files.... but
what is involved in making a picture (JPEG file)
into a PDF file/page??

2. Smallest network client?

3. Creating PostScript files to use in making PDF's

4. Logitech QuickCam question!

5. Making a PDF-file with an EXCEL table with "long" text

6. Link Checker recommendations

7. Making a cdrom of pdf files for public distribution

8. ANSI -> MSL problem

9. Making PDF files from HTML

10. Problem printing Type 1 fonts in pdf file made from TeX

11. pdf-file made with ghostview/pdfwrite

12. Making PDF File Format

13. Making a PDF file auto run from a CD