This might seem an odd request, but we need a way to print PDF files from
within an application (.Net C#) silently to a printer of the user's
choosing. That is, no popup dialog to be shown, preferably not even the
printer dialog (we will tell 'it' where to print to.
There appear to be a couple ways:
1) command line run AcroRd32.exe with the filename.
But this leaves AcroRd sitting in memory gobbling up a HUGE number of Mbs,
and it appears in the Taskbar for the user.
2) run it inside a browser. But that seems like a kludge.
- small foot print as it will need to work inside a Citrix environment.
- the usual, fast, reliable, cheap.
- a print server would be acceptable, but prefer a client-only solution.
A search on Google has found few tools - can anyone introduce me to more??
Silently print PDF from within a browser:
Print PDF in batch mode from command line:
Two products that MIGHT do the trick here:
Any hints appreciated.