beginner-help needed

Post by Juliets Galler » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I would like to create a recipe book in PDF .What software do I need in
order to create PDF files?I have Adobe Acrobat Reader but not the Adobe
Acrobat program.

beginner-help needed

Post by Tim Murra » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You will need Acrobat (although I hear there are other non-Adobe solutions,
but I use the real thing).

You can create a PDF without a PostScript printer driver using PDFWriter,
but the best results are obtained by writing a PostScript file and
distilling it with Distiller.

beginner-help needed

Post by Dinu C. Gherma » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I would like to create a recipe book in PDF .What software do I need in
> order to create PDF files?I have Adobe Acrobat Reader but not the Adobe
> Acrobat program.

You can go to sites like pdfzone.com and check out there
what the current list of tools is that will allow you to
create PDF, many of them for free...

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The only possible values [for quality] are 'excellent' and 'in-

beginner-help needed

Post by Dinu C. Gherma » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I would like to create a recipe book in PDF .What software do I need in
> order to create PDF files?I have Adobe Acrobat Reader but not the Adobe
> Acrobat program.

You can go to sites like pdfzone.com and check out there
what the current list of tools is that will allow you to
create PDF, many of them for free...

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The only possible values [for quality] are 'excellent' and 'in-
sanely excellent', depending on whether lives are at stake or
not. Otherwise you don't enjoy your work, you don't work well,
and the project goes down the drain."
                    (Kent Beck, "Extreme Programming Explained")

beginner-help needed

Post by Rainer Kilpatric » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I would like to create a recipe book in PDF .What software do I need in
> order to create PDF files?I have Adobe Acrobat Reader but not the Adobe
> Acrobat program.

Try Ghostscript (its sort of free, www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/) and available
for most plattforms (windows, linux, ...), you just print a document (e.g.
.doc/Word) to file instead of on paper using drivers of a postscript printer
(Canon CP660PS Postscript, downloadable from Canon sites) and then convert
the postscript file to pdf with ghostscript.

Enjoy and prosper

beginner-help needed

Post by MegaBol » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Try
http://www.codecuts.com/mainpage.asp?MenuID=31&WebPageID=18

CHL

> I would like to create a recipe book in PDF .What software do I need in
> order to create PDF files?I have Adobe Acrobat Reader but not the Adobe
> Acrobat program.

1. How to group items together: beginner help needed!

| We just started using Quark Xpress 4 in work (a newspaper) as part of
| the Baseview program.
|
| I can't find in the manual or in help how to highlight more than one
| item at a time so I can group them. I've tried holding down the
| control, alt and apple keys while clicking a second item, but none of
| them work, and the group option remains grayed out.

Use the item tool, not the content tool. And read the manual: believe
it or not, it actually explains how to use the program reasonably well.

2. Need Training Facility

3. NeXT Cube Beginner Needs SCSI Help

4. Stylus from PalmPilot.

5. HELP needed for beginner EXCEL and LOTUS 5.0 user

6. How to get handle of copying files within Explorer?

7. Atmel AVR beginner needs help.

8. undelete file

9. Beginner needs help!

10. Beginner needing help!