PDF print add's blank header space?

Post by Al Fran » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:23:44

I have a document that when I compare how it prints out in Word versus
printing it out to a PDF file with Adobe PDF Printer an extra line of blank
space is added on the top of my document in the PDF print file.  Why would
this be happening?

PDF print add's blank header space?

Post by RM » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:09:12

Hi Al,

> I have a document that when I compare how it prints out in Word
> versus printing it out to a PDF file with Adobe PDF Printer an extra
> line of blank space is added on the top of my document in the PDF
> print file.  Why would this be happening?

mostly due to Word; there is no fixed layout for a given document
without taking into account the printer driver used at the moment Word
is displaying/printing a document. See for instance:

Why does the appearance (or layout) of my document change when I open it
on a different machine? (by Suzanne S. Barnhill)
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

Maybe you've also missed some setting or other when creating the PDF
(how DID you create it, btw? :-)), so possibly some resizing takes place
others here will know much more about that subject.

Greetinx
.bob
..Word-MVP
--
 /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /

1. Manually adding header/footer to .PDF's?

How can I manually add a header and footer to .PDF's?  Is there some
kind of plug-in for Adobe?  I have found some tools, but they are
designed for automation, e.g. you enter a header/footer and it blasts
onto all of the .PDF's in a directory.  I want a nice interface to
manually change the header and footer (for custom serial numbers) on
each of my documents in a directory ..

thanks!

2. Learning lower-level programming

3. XJ6C 'prints' blank sheets

4. Click and win $

5. printing pdf files that do not 'allow' printing ????

6. Browsing INFO files with VIM?

7. Adding headers to existing PDF file?

8. Missing hard drive

9. Adding headers to PDF file

10. Can't print blank page...

11. Help, One blank page being printed, That isn't needed!?

12. Still can't print Encrypted PDF w/ Print = Fully Allowed

13. PDF from Word---Can't delete blank pages