1. SymbolicLink not valid on USB2, valid on USB1.1??
I have a USB2 device that provides a serial number, which
the bus driver uses to create a symbolic link name. I can
use that symbolic link name to connect using CreateFile,
except on some machines on the USB2 port it won't connect,
CreateFile returns FFFFFFFF instead. On the same machine,
it will connect on the USB1.1 port. USB1.1 is built-in,
USB2.0 is via an OrangeMicro PCMCIA interface card.
The symbolic link I'm using is created for me in the
WHere "XTG20020845" is my device serial number field.
The SymbolicName is:
I create a name string as follows:
unsigned int SerNum = 20020845;
<< "\\\\.\\USB#Vid_8086&Pid_1130#XTG" << dec << SerNum
My CreateFile call looks like:
hInst = CreateFile(
GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE,
FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE,
Anyone see similar results or know why the CreateFile
might only work with the USB1.1 vs. USB2.0? There is a
driver that creates a generic "Itpusbx0" symbolic link,
and that works for either USB1.1 or USB2.0, but it isn't
serial number unique.
I see this on XP and W2k, more frequently on Thinkpads.
2. Data binding problem
3. pages created may not be valid
4. CHEAP INDIGO 2's
5. Creating PDFs with hyperlinks from PostScript
6. How to create a Newsletter
7. Problem creating PDF with hyperlinks using Acrobat on Macintosh
8. Canon BJC 6000 wont feed paper as the paper feed plate is out of sync with the roller.
9. Create a hyperlink in word 2000 to an Microsoft Access Database
10. Creating hyperlinks to slides in a presentation
11. Creating a hyperlink to web page question
12. creating hyperlink on userform
13. How to create hypertext or hyperlink