fdf field action

Post by Frank Huben » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

When I  load data into a field in a pdf file from an fdf file, I would
like a javascript action to be performed on the data in this field.

I understand that there is an /A key which could be used for actions and
which is followed by a dictionary object, but I do not have any examples
of the syntax.   If the javascript function is called "xyz" how would I
call this javascript function that is contained in the pdf file when the
field is filled in from the fdf file?

--
Frank Hubeny
Wheaton, Illinois

1. FDF and fields

With adobe acrobat 5.0, can I configure the "Form Field Properties
dialog" to choose from a list of preset names (xml files or text files
containing a list of available fields name) instead of typing myself
the name of my form fields ? Is there an adobe acrobat plugin to do
that ?

I need to merge database data with the fdf file and i want this
functionality to avoid typing error.

Excuse my basic english.

Thanks for your helps.

2. automatic author index generation

3. FDF merge and uneditable fields

4. Need help with 32bit timer code (PC Game Programming Explorer)

5. FDF fields are cleared after page scroll

6. ipchains, loopback

7. Using the Acrobat 3.0 FDF file for form field updates...

8. VLDB implementation

9. Actions from form field - GoToR???

10. FDF not responding to required fields

11. Fields in fdf file cause invalid annotation object error

12. Can you use FDF to set field read-only in Acrobat 4?

13. Retrieving field names and values from PDF (not FDF)