How to create a PDF bookmarking all the PDF files of a folder ?

How to create a PDF bookmarking all the PDF files of a folder ?

Post by olivier.d-anhoffr » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:03:49

Hello.

I have lot of PDF files, in lot of folders and subfolders. What I want to do
is to PDF-list all these files (that is, for a folder, to generate an "index
PDF file", with a list of bookmarks to each one of PDF files into this
folder, so I can open it from within the index PDF file). It would be great
if these bookmarks respected their hierarchical position in the
folder/sub-folders ; so if a folder contains sub-folders, the index PDF file
bookmarks to a sub-index PDF file which bookmarks all PDF files in the
sub-folder, and so on.
I suppose I need an additional program, but I didn't found out one. Someone
has a idea ?

How to create a PDF bookmarking all the PDF files of a folder ?

Post by Tim Murra » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:59:15

Have you worked with the Catalog feature of Acrobat 5?

How to create a PDF bookmarking all the PDF files of a folder ?

Post by olivier.d-anhoffr » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:06:56

The Catalog feature ( in Acrobat 4, which my release) does only makes an
index, that let's you search in folder/sub-folders, but it doesn't seems to
create a bookmarkable-list of  all PDF files it found

Quote:> Have you worked with the Catalog feature of Acrobat 5?

How to create a PDF bookmarking all the PDF files of a folder ?

Post by Dan Sidee » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:25:40

If you have pdf files that don't have bookmarks, I don't think there is any
automatic way to do it.

Quote:> Hello.

> I have lot of PDF files, in lot of folders and subfolders. What I want to
do
> is to PDF-list all these files (that is, for a folder, to generate an
> PDF file", with a list of bookmarks to each one of PDF files into this
> folder, so I can open it from within the index PDF file). It would be
great
> if these bookmarks respected their hierarchical position in the
> folder/sub-folders ; so if a folder contains sub-folders, the index PDF
file
> bookmarks to a sub-index PDF file which bookmarks all PDF files in the
> sub-folder, and so on.
> I suppose I need an additional program, but I didn't found out one.
Someone
> has a idea ?

1. Importing PDF files with Bookmarks to a main PDF file

I made several PDF files created using "open a web page" in Acrobat 4. They
all carry bookmarks to the various pages gathered (I need this feature).

I have a main PDF (also with bookmarks) in which I want to copy and add the
"web created PDF". Now when I copy the pages from the copies to the main
document, I lose all the bookmarks that I need.

Is there a way to keep the bookmarks and add them to the existing bookmark of
my main PDF document ?

Thank you for your advice on this matter.

Manuel Puig

2. Cannot delete executable

3. Is there a robust way to create PDF from word creating bookmarks

4. HP Scanner 4700 Scan buttons assignment lost after KLEZ virus

5. PDF bookmarks & toc on BIG pdf file!!

6. Can I use Apple's PC-card for programming Windows?

7. Many Single PDF files to one PDF with Bookmark

8. SupraFaxModem v32 (not the v32bis)

9. How to create bookmarks in pdf-files

10. Create Bookmarks in a pdf file

11. Creating bookmarks in PDF file

12. Creating Word Bookmarks for PDF Files

13. Creating PDF "Flat File" from PDF