Silent printing with Adobe Reader 6.0 from VB

Silent printing with Adobe Reader 6.0 from VB

Post by Matt Jon » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:59:52

Hi,

I'm using the DDE LinkExecute method to try and silently print a bunch
of PDF files. I use ShellExecute to open the PDF in Reader 6.0 because
not all of the files will need printing (it's a fiddly bit of code).
Unfortunately Reader 6.0 doesn't seem to support any silent printing.
I've tried using ShellExecute with "print" instead of "open" and
Reader just opens. I've tried using command lines with CreateProcess
and Reader just opens. Even if I just right click on the PDF file in
Explorer and choose the 'Print' option, Reader just opens.
Is this something wrong with Reader 6.0, have Adobe removed the silent
print ability on purpose or am I barking up a completely unrelated
tree?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt