printing from acrobat -- 4 pages per side double-sided

printing from acrobat -- 4 pages per side double-sided

Post by newsma » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:39:16

I ahve been unable to do this and adobe has been no help.
I got some * support woman who was no help.

I am trying to print 4 pages per side double-sided
and can not from adobe acrobat.  I am using nt4.0 sp5
printing to a Laserjet 5Si/5Si Mx printer.
I have been able to print from Word.

Does anyone know how to make this work?
Or is it time to find another pdf package?

I'm very dissapointed in adobe and will most likely
consider any purchases from them very carefully.
They seem to act as if their are no other choices
available.

Any help would be appreciated and I'd be grateful.
Thanks.

printing from acrobat -- 4 pages per side double-sided

Post by bb » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:56:14

One plugin that might be what you are looking for is quite imposing plus.
It does booklet-type stuff and more.,

See www.quite.com/imposing

Quote:> I ahve been unable to do this and adobe has been no help.
> I got some * support woman who was no help.

> I am trying to print 4 pages per side double-sided
> and can not from adobe acrobat.  I am using nt4.0 sp5
> printing to a Laserjet 5Si/5Si Mx printer.
> I have been able to print from Word.

> Does anyone know how to make this work?
> Or is it time to find another pdf package?

> I'm very dissapointed in adobe and will most likely
> consider any purchases from them very carefully.
> They seem to act as if their are no other choices
> available.

> Any help would be appreciated and I'd be grateful.
> Thanks.

printing from acrobat -- 4 pages per side double-sided

Post by William Alexander Segrave » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 12:51:15

This works for me:

1. Print to a Postscript Printer (driver), select four to a page, and save
the resulting PS to a file. Note that you do not need to have a Postscript
printer, just an installed driver.

2. With Distiller, create a PDF from the saved PS file.

That's it.

Good luck.

Bill Segraves
Auburn, AL

Post by newsma » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:27:28

> One plugin that might be what you are looking for is quite imposing plus.
> It does booklet-type stuff and more.,

> See www.quite.com/imposing

Thanks for the feedback.

We don't have acrobat exchange. It's starting to sound distinctly like
adobe has purposefully crippled this printing feature.  And from
my experience with their support people and their obscure responses
I think this is exactly what's going on.  Time for us to re-evaluate
our purchases from Adobe.

Post by newsma » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:30:25

> This works for me:

Thank you, we will give it a try.

This answer/workaround lends more support to the notion
that Adobe has crippled this method of printing.  From
recent experiences with Adobe it does not surprise us.
IMHO this is an unacceptable tactic.   We will protest with
our wallet!

Post by Aandi Inst » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:56:26

>> One plugin that might be what you are looking for is quite imposing plus.
>> It does booklet-type stuff and more.,

>> See www.quite.com/imposing

>Thanks for the feedback.

>We don't have acrobat exchange. It's starting to sound distinctly like
>adobe has purposefully crippled this printing feature.  And from
>my experience with their support people and their obscure responses
>I think this is exactly what's going on.  Time for us to re-evaluate
>our purchases from Adobe.

Your purchases of the free Reader?

Post by Aandi Inst » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 00:35:54

>> This works for me:

>Thank you, we will give it a try.

>This answer/workaround lends more support to the notion
>that Adobe has crippled this method of printing.  From
>recent experiences with Adobe it does not surprise us.
>IMHO this is an unacceptable tactic.   We will protest with
>our wallet!

This is a bizarre conclusion.

Why would Adobe do this?  And then, having done it, provide a printer
driver that actually overcomes the crippling.   You can use that same
AdobePS driver with your 5siMX too.

Post by newsma » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 13:15:36

> >> One plugin that might be what you are looking for is quite imposing plus.
> >> It does booklet-type stuff and more.,

> >> See www.quite.com/imposing

> >Thanks for the feedback.

> >We don't have acrobat exchange. It's starting to sound distinctly like
> >adobe has purposefully crippled this printing feature.  And from
> >my experience with their support people and their obscure responses
> >I think this is exactly what's going on.  Time for us to re-evaluate
> >our purchases from Adobe.

> Your purchases of the free Reader?

This conclusion makes no sense.  Why would anyone pay for something
that's free?

Post by newsma » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 13:18:06

> >> This works for me:

> >Thank you, we will give it a try.

> >This answer/workaround lends more support to the notion
> >that Adobe has crippled this method of printing.  From
> >recent experiences with Adobe it does not surprise us.
> >IMHO this is an unacceptable tactic.   We will protest with
> >our wallet!

> This is a bizarre conclusion.

> Why would Adobe do this?  And then, having done it, provide a printer
> driver that actually overcomes the crippling.   You can use that same
> AdobePS driver with your 5siMX too.

We are unable to print to the printer using the same technique
that works from all our other apps.  Adobe will not provide
an answer as to why this does not work.

I can understand your position on this.  You have to be on Adobe's side.
Otherwise you would be biting the hand that feeds you.

1. Single sided or double sided memory

Hi everyone, I have received a 256 SDRAM memory as a gift, and it's a
single sided memory module. When I tested on my parents' computer
(which has one double sided memory in the first slot), my 256 memory
did not work. I have not yet been able to try that 256 on my gateway
yet, I am just wondering is the motherboard really picky about single
sided or doulbe? Or could it just be a bad memory?

Thanks guys

Olexo

2. MS Outlook Account

3. 4 pages on 8.5x14 double-sided for book

4. ASP.NET equivalent of ServletContext.log

5. Double-sided printing of pdf files?

6. Launch of The RISCOS Foundation

7. Double-sided printing on WorkCentre 385?

8. Misc C=64/128/Amiga Hardware FS

9. Double-sided printing

10. Double-Sided, Double Density Drives?

11. Printing online manuals even/odd pages to print on both sides