Adding one pdf file to the end of another pdf file

Post by Mike Richte » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,  I am new to this pdf format and I have a quick question.

> Is it possible to combine 2 or more pdf files into a single pdf file?

> I don't have the source, only the compiled *.pdf file.  I want to be
> able to, on the fly, combine 2 or more pdf files into one viewable pdf
> file.

> Thanks in advance

> Michael Schreiber

No problem in Exchange 2.x. (Not possible in the Reader of course.)

Open the starting file. Go to (working from memory) Edit/Pages/Insert.
Locate the file you want to attach, make sure it says to add it at the
end of the document, save the result and you're home.

I do it all the time. I have a master PM document in about a dozen
files. I print each to PDF, then create a single one out of the
collection. You can similarly replace pages individually or in groups
anywhere in the document. With a different technique, you can merge two
different documents into one another - e.g., to add an update to an
existing document where the new pages replace old ones.

Neat software! The wave of the future. Okay, the present. :-)
--
Mike Richter

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
http://www.opera.it/FreeWeb/mrichter

Post by Michael Schreib » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,  I am new to this pdf format and I have a quick question.

Is it possible to combine 2 or more pdf files into a single pdf file?

I don't have the source, only the compiled *.pdf file.  I want to be
able to, on the fly, combine 2 or more pdf files into one viewable pdf
file.

Thanks in advance

Michael Schreiber

1. Best way to save multiple PDF files into one PDF file?

I have a few tens of PDF files and would like to save them into one PDF file.
I could use Insert Pages in Adobe Acrobat 4.0 to achieve this, but it is
very tedious because Adobe Acrobat 4.0 doesn't allow one to select multiple
PDF files for each insert. I found PDFMerge in pdfeverywhere.com that does
this job. Unfortunately this software is too expensive (US$120.00) to me
(perhaps because it does other things as well besides merging). Is there
any other cheaper ways to do just merging? Thanks for hints and help.

Paul.

2. File Associations

3. Building Two PDF file contents on one PDF File with VB

4. and sprite toolkits

5. Multiple PDF-file into one PDF-file

6. Need Really Smart Opinion

7. How to copy several pdf-files in one pdf-file?

8. Marking edited rows i

9. Integrating multiple PDF files within one PDF file?

10. ! HELP, how to combine several PDF files into one big PDF file, THANK YOU

11. Batch program exist to combine multiple pdf files into one pdf file?

12. Copy and object from a pdf file into another pdf file

13. Pdf-files to 1 Pdf-file ??