Browser/dialog boxes in PDF

Browser/dialog boxes in PDF

Post by Prave.. » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00



Hi,

Needed some help on this and would greatly appreciate feedback soon

I want to print a 250 page user manual for an accounting software for
which I need to capture the browser/dialog boxes and include them in a
document. I also have crystallize reports and would like to make a
consolidated document into an entire PDF document. The Crystallize
reports have a superb output but the dialog boxes get mutilated pretty
badly on screen and while printing too.

The method used to capture the dialog boxes was to press Alt- Print
Screen and then paste into MS Word . I then exported the entire
document as a PDF document. Then the crystallize reports were also
printed to an acrobat printer driver and a PDF report format was
generated. Then using the Acrobat exchange software the entire document
was combined ( the crystallize reports in the PDF format and the pages
containing dialog boxes ) but the above problem i.e. (of the dialog
boxes losing clarity  is being encountered) continued.

If there is a better way to do this or another software available.
would really be grateful for any help pls. help and I'll buy it..I AM
DESPERATE
P>S Do any of you think adobe capture would be of any use..

I have attached my best results. pls. get back to me as soon as
possible. BTW I have also attached a Microsoft word document in which
the quality of the dialog boxes is the original quality which we need
in a PDF document.

Thanks very much. Pl. reply ASAP.
Praveen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

 
 
 

Browser/dialog boxes in PDF

Post by Aandi Inst » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00



>P>S Do any of you think adobe capture would be of any use..

No, Capture won't help.

Quote:

>I have attached my best results. pls. get back to me as soon as
>possible. BTW I have also attached a Microsoft word document in which
>the quality of the dialog boxes is the original quality which we need
>in a PDF document.

Please do not attempt to attach files in text news groups.  Not only
does it cause much annoyance; many servers will automatically delete
your message if it has attachments, so fewer people see it.

If you want to provide examples, please put them on a web site and
post a link.
---------------------------------------

Imposition and booklets for PDF - http://www.quite.com/imposing/

 
 
 

Browser/dialog boxes in PDF

Post by Steve Rindsber » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00


Have you viewed your PDF with Acrobat Reader 4?

It does a better job of displaying screen captures and the like.  IOW, you
may be doing everything perfectly but your older Reader isn't displaying
your work as well as the newer one might.

Also, use ZIP compression, not JPG in Distiller.


>Hi,

>Needed some help on this and would greatly appreciate feedback soon

>I want to print a 250 page user manual for an accounting software for
>which I need to capture the browser/dialog boxes and include them in a
>document. I also have crystallize reports and would like to make a
>consolidated document into an entire PDF document. The Crystallize
>reports have a superb output but the dialog boxes get mutilated pretty
>badly on screen and while printing too.

>The method used to capture the dialog boxes was to press Alt- Print
>Screen and then paste into MS Word . I then exported the entire
>document as a PDF document. Then the crystallize reports were also
>printed to an acrobat printer driver and a PDF report format was
>generated. Then using the Acrobat exchange software the entire document
>was combined ( the crystallize reports in the PDF format and the pages
>containing dialog boxes ) but the above problem i.e. (of the dialog
>boxes losing clarity  is being encountered) continued.

>If there is a better way to do this or another software available.
>would really be grateful for any help pls. help and I'll buy it..I AM
>DESPERATE
>P>S Do any of you think adobe capture would be of any use..

>I have attached my best results. pls. get back to me as soon as
>possible. BTW I have also attached a Microsoft word document in which
>the quality of the dialog boxes is the original quality which we need
>in a PDF document.

>Thanks very much. Pl. reply ASAP.
>Praveen

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

 
 
 

Browser/dialog boxes in PDF

Post by Anders Thul » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00



>consolidated document into an entire PDF document. The Crystallize
>reports have a superb output but the dialog boxes get mutilated pretty
>badly on screen and while printing too.

>The method used to capture the dialog boxes was to press Alt- Print
>Screen and then paste into MS Word .

  That will, I believe, give the images the resolution that the screen
you use happens to have. Then, if these images are rescaled, any text
will be resampled, and so get 'fuzzy'.

  Avoid rescaling bitmapped text.  You want to leave the screenshot
images as untouched as possible, or scale them only in even multiples
(x2, x3, etc.) although too much of that will increase blockiness.  It
usually requires taking a screenshot in all resolutions your screen
can do (or other screens available to you) , and check which of these
comes out best.

  Some applications are designed with this problem in mind: they
include the functionality for printing a window or dialogue box to a
designated printer -- usually by pressing some undocumented
ctrl-alt-shift-cokebottle-% key combination.

--

Telia ProSoft AB, Teknikringen 6, S-583 30 Linkoping, Sweden

 
 
 

1. Using dialog boxes in add-ins

I want to create an add-in with dialog boxes in it but when I go to save
it as a .xla file the option is not there.  This occurs when I have a
dialog sheet selected.  If I select a worksheet in the same workbook the
option to save it as a .xla file appears.  

I want to be able to access my dialog boxes in an add-in from any
worksheet that I open.  Any ideas??

Raul Lopez

2. Son of Chalenge

3. , Re: Help - Silk declares my browser as a dialog box

4. How to dynamically select view condition

5. CHECK BOXES - turning off ALL check boxes in a dialog box

6. Automated Software Distribution

7. Print a PDF-File to a File without Dialog Box

8. PGP extension for pegasus Mail

9. Can I control PDF print dialog box?

10. print PDF without print dialog box ? ...

11. Print without dialog box in IE4 and pdf-viewer

12. How to bypass "Save As" dialog box in PDF Writer on NT?

13. XL5/VBA: Validating dialog input box-by-box?