Downversioning

Post by k.. » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:26:31

My client has encountered people with whom they're conducting business
that don't have the latest Reader software, and thus are having
difficulty viewing the marketing documents provided to them.  Rather
than "making" these people figure out how to upgrade their software, the
client would rather downgrade the PDF.

So, is it possible in Acrobat to "down-version" a PDF you've created in,
say, 1.4 to 1.2?  I'm just trying to save a step, because of the length
and number of documents to distill...

Thanks! ~Kerry

Downversioning

Post by Aandi Inst » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:04:08

>So, is it possible in Acrobat to "down-version" a PDF you've created in,
>say, 1.4 to 1.2?  I'm just trying to save a step, because of the length
>and number of documents to distill...

Yes, Acrobat Professional 6.0 can do this with the PDF Optimizer.

Downversioning

Post by k.. » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:37:11

> >So, is it possible in Acrobat to "down-version" a PDF you've created in,
> >say, 1.4 to 1.2?  I'm just trying to save a step, because of the length
> >and number of documents to distill...

> Yes, Acrobat Professional 6.0 can do this with the PDF Optimizer.

Ah-h, a reason to upgrade, then...