Printing files from java

Post by Jens Kaltschmid » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

hello, i would like to print some reports out of a java bean.
does anyone know, which tool i should use?
or are there any better ways then pdf?

thx for your help
-jens

Printing files from java

Post by Matthias H?u?e » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> hello, i would like to print some reports out of a java bean.
> does anyone know, which tool i should use?
> or are there any better ways then pdf?

I haven't found a better solution than invoking Acrobat Reader,
i.e. starting it with Runtime.getRuntime().exec(".../acrord32.exe /p
"+pdfFilename);
A (unsupported) pure java version of A. Reader I found on their website
was far too time- and memory-consuming.

I'd be interested in a more elegant way, though.

Matthias

Printing files from java

Post by Steffen Rasse » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello Matthias,

I will print a pdf-file automatic without printerdialog.
Can you help me with a command-parameter ?

Steffen

Quote:

>> hello, i would like to print some reports out of a java bean.
>> does anyone know, which tool i should use?
>> or are there any better ways then pdf?

>I haven't found a better solution than invoking Acrobat Reader,
>i.e. starting it with Runtime.getRuntime().exec(".../acrord32.exe /p
>"+pdfFilename);
>A (unsupported) pure java version of A. Reader I found on their website
>was far too time- and memory-consuming.

>I'd be interested in a more elegant way, though.

>Matthias

Printing files from java

Post by Matthias H?u?e » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I will print a pdf-file automatic without printerdialog.
> Can you help me with a command-parameter ?

No, sorry, I don't think there's a way to suppress this dialog.

Matthias