pdf maps and polygons.

Post by bigbi » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:32:04

I am a map person, and I need to convert polygons and points from a
SVG style format to pdf, is this possible?

Berlin Brown

pdf maps and polygons.

Post by Jeroen Dekk » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:20:17

Have you looked at the Apache FOP & Batik toolkits?

Jeroen Dekker
--
pdf2vector - Batch convert PDF to
SVG, WMF, EMF, CGM, MIF, HPGL, EPS

> I am a map person, and I need to convert polygons and points from a
> SVG style format to pdf, is this possible?

> Berlin Brown

pdf maps and polygons.

Post by bigbi » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 04:22:18

> Have you looked at the Apache FOP & Batik toolkits?

> Jeroen Dekker
> --
> pdf2vector - Batch convert PDF to
> SVG, WMF, EMF, CGM, MIF, HPGL, EPS
> Visit http://www.square1.nl/index.htm

> > I am a map person, and I need to convert polygons and points from a
> > SVG style format to pdf, is this possible?

> > Berlin Brown

Can it go the other way?

SVG to PDF, or even vectors to PDF.

pdf maps and polygons.

Post by Paulo Soar » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:24:11

You can do all that with iText. It's quite flexible for this kind of drawings.

Best Regards,
Paulo Soares

> > Have you looked at the Apache FOP & Batik toolkits?

> > Jeroen Dekker
> > --
> > pdf2vector - Batch convert PDF to
> > SVG, WMF, EMF, CGM, MIF, HPGL, EPS
> > Visit http://www.square1.nl/index.htm

> > > I am a map person, and I need to convert polygons and points from a
> > > SVG style format to pdf, is this possible?

> > > Berlin Brown

> Can it go the other way?

> SVG to PDF, or even vectors to PDF.

pdf maps and polygons.

Post by Will Henn » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:36:47

[ top posting untangled ]

> You can do all that with iText. It's quite flexible for this kind of drawings.

Or, if you would rather not do any Java programming, you could
use sodipodi -- http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/

It can read in your SVG files and "Print" to a PDF file.

pdf maps and polygons.

Post by Will Henn » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:57:31

> [ top posting untangled ]

> > You can do all that with iText. It's quite flexible for this kind of drawings.

> Or, if you would rather not do any Java programming, you could
> use sodipodi -- http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/

> It can read in your SVG files and "Print" to a PDF file.

Correction to above: Sodipodi prints to PDF and PS by first converting
to a raster format, which is probably not what you want.

On the other hand, Sketch, can read in SVG and save as proper
vector postscript, which can then be easily converted to PDF.
Only trouble is that it doesn't seem to support gradients or
transparency in the SVG file. But maybe you don't need those.

pdf maps and polygons.

Post by bigbi » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:08:19

> > [ top posting untangled ]

> > > You can do all that with iText. It's quite flexible for this kind of drawings.

> > Or, if you would rather not do any Java programming, you could
> > use sodipodi -- http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/

> > It can read in your SVG files and "Print" to a PDF file.

> Correction to above: Sodipodi prints to PDF and PS by first converting
> to a raster format, which is probably not what you want.

> On the other hand, Sketch, can read in SVG and save as proper
> vector postscript, which can then be easily converted to PDF.
> Only trouble is that it doesn't seem to support gradients or
> transparency in the SVG file. But maybe you don't need those.

What is Sketch.

pdf maps and polygons.

Post by Will Henn » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:35:44

> > > [ top posting untangled ]

> > > Or, if you would rather not do any Java programming, you could
> > > use sodipodi -- http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/

> > > It can read in your SVG files and "Print" to a PDF file.

> > Correction to above: Sodipodi prints to PDF and PS by first converting
> > to a raster format, which is probably not what you want.

> > On the other hand, Sketch, can read in SVG and save as proper
> > vector postscript, which can then be easily converted to PDF.
> > Only trouble is that it doesn't seem to support gradients or
> > transparency in the SVG file. But maybe you don't need those.

> What is Sketch.

http://sketch.sourceforge.net/

I've just noticed that it runs on all platforms _except_ windows.
I hope this is not a problem for you.