CGI Script for byteserving PDF file via Internet

CGI Script for byteserving PDF file via Internet

Post by Lawrence Shield » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Does any Net administrator types out there know how to call the CGI / Perl
script to Byteserve the PDF files? I placed the script in my CGI-BIN
directory with the byteserver.pl script but upon selecting a link to a pdf
file on my server I receive a CGI Launch error.  I'm just trying to set up
access to some pdf files on a very lightweight win95 server running
OmniHttpd server software.

Any helpful ideas are appreciated.

LJ.

Post by Todd Fahrne » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Does any Net administrator types out there know how to call the CGI / Perl
> script to Byteserve the PDF files? I placed the script in my CGI-BIN
> directory with the byteserver.pl script but upon selecting a link to a pdf
> file on my server I receive a CGI Launch error.  I'm just trying to set up
> access to some pdf files on a very lightweight win95 server running
> OmniHttpd server software.

> Any helpful ideas are appreciated.

I managed to get it running under a proprietary "NCSA compliant" HTTPd server. Could
be that the Omni server isn't compatible - Adobe says only that it "should work" on
servers other than NCSA 1.5.x (known to be incompatible), but that testing has been
limited. It may also be that your link syntax is faulty, or perhaps you haven't got
the permissions set correctly?

I found the explanation at
http://www.projectcool.com/cgi-bin/byteserver/developer/acrobat/04-by...
very helpful.

1. PDF sending data via CGI scripts problem & Netscape Problem

Hi!
I am having this problem where I am unable to send the contents of a PDF
file over the web when I'm having the file saved locally. It gives me the
error:

"You need to be running inside a web browser in order to submit this form".

I've hunted around search engines and adobe.com - didn't find anything.

Problem 2: The same form works fine INSIDE IE5.5 - but with Netscape 6,
clicking the button to send the form results in nothing. No actions, no
errors, as though no action has been assigned.

The script used is a custom perl script to get in the pdf variables, after
which it sends out an email. I'm using the URL encoding scheme, not FDF btw.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Regards,
Alvin

2. Monitoring Agents

3. Printing PDF Via CGI Scripts??

4. Oracle 8i on Solaris

5. Referring to a cgi script within a cgi script.

6. Application install adds local users but Domain Policy overides local security settings

7. Password protect a PDF file with a perl CGI script

8. xpath help

9. perl/cgi script for appending pdf-files

10. http authentication via perl CGI script?

11. Submit PDF via Email - CGI ?

12. HTML--->PostScript, PDF, pure ASCII via HP-UX cgi

13. HTML-->PostScript, PDF, pure ASCII via HP-UX cgi