Font problem Ghostscript

Post by Stefan Mezins » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:35:41

Hi,

I have a strange pdf problem, maybe you can help me: when I print
existing PDF documents (created with Arobat 5) one more time with the
Ghostscript/Ghostview printer, the fonts used (Arial, Arial Bold, both
embedded) are replaced by cryptic fonts namend N6, N8, N478, N673 and
so on. The problem is that on some computers, these PDF files are
empty or contain only text fragments. I assume that the changing of
the font names is the reason for this.

Is the problem known to you? Is there any solution?

Kind regards,
Stefan

Font problem Ghostscript

Post by Alex Cherepano » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:14:57

> I have a strange pdf problem, maybe you can help me: when I print
> existing PDF documents (created with Arobat 5) one more time with the
> Ghostscript/Ghostview printer, the fonts used (Arial, Arial Bold, both
> embedded) are replaced by cryptic fonts namend N6, N8, N478, N673 and
> so on.

Font renaming by itself should not cause any problems
for printing.

Quote:> The problem is that on some computers, these PDF files are
> empty or contain only text fragments.

Please submit a bug report to
http://bugs.ghostscript.com

1. Ghostscript/PDF and ps2pdf font problem

I just installed Ghostscript 8.0 and now am having problems with font
handling when using ps2pdf.

The simple document I have in postscript uses a non-standard, type1
font. When the document is viewed directly from the .ps file using
ghostview, it appears quite normal: all of the letters are the right
size and kerned properly. However, when passed through ps2pdf and
viewed using Acrobat Reader on my Linux system, all of the characters
from the non-standard font are rendered approximately 1/2 size,
although the kerning still appears to be for when they are full size.
Standard fonts seem to work properly: sized and kerned the same in
both places.

The previous version of ghostscript (5.50) worked properly but
included the non-standard fonts as bitmaps, seriously degrading the
PDF result.

Any suggestins?

Thanks,

Bill Lee

2. Trouble reinstalling Warp4

3. AFPL Ghostscript Font Problem

4. Wierd Mouse

5. fonts and pdfwrite in ghostscript

6. Trap00d

7. how to bypass Ghostscript fonts?

8. Possible to Route PPP via Warp

9. font deformed by ghostscript ??

10. Fonts in Ghostscript

11. Ghostscript font substitution

12. T1 Fonts: PS Printer; Win 95 driver; or GhostScript?

13. Bitmapped fonts in Ghostscript