Still can't print Encrypted PDF w/ Print = Fully Allowed

Still can't print Encrypted PDF w/ Print = Fully Allowed

Post by David Harriso » Mon, 12 Aug 2002 06:25:21

I'm trying to help out a friend who can't print encrypted PDF files although
security settings say Printing: Fully Allowed. I can print the same files.
Unencrypted files print fine. He is using Win98 SE, Acrobat Reader 5.0.5,
and HP Deskjet 990 series w/ latest drivers.

He has tried a number of things including removing and reinstalling Acrobat
Reader, and removing and reinstalling the print driver. When he tries to
print these files here's what he reports:

"Attempted to print the [file] from the website... No dice!  Acrobat appears
to format the pages (2) for printing.  While this is going on the printer
icon shows up in the task bar.  It remains there until the paper is fed into
the computer and disappears just before the printer stops. If I go out to C:
| Windows | Temp folder, I find a document entitled hp000001, size; 306
Kbytes, type; PDL file that was apparently created when I attempted to print
the file."

What the heck is a *.PDL file?  A Windows print spool file is either SHD or
SPL to the best of my knowledge.
When he prints an non-encrypted file no PDL file is created. He has also
tried printing directly to the printer without success.

I'm out of ideas. Can someone help?

David Harrison

1. printing pdf files that do not 'allow' printing ????

Hi,
I have a pdf file that does not 'allow' me to print it (when I go to
document info, and then security, there is a line that says 'printing
not allowed'). I was wonderring if anyone knows a way around this so I
can print the file anyway ???
I am using acrobat reader and windows95.
thanks, Igor.

if you'd like to reply to me personally, replace the DOT with a . in my
e-mail address

2. Exchange needed to decode bounce messages!

3. how to print .pdf with print Not Allowed?

4. Please help me with a

5. Printing a PDF when printing not allowed

6. Uninstall Difficulties

7. Printing a PDF with printing not allowed

8. Palm Developer's Conference

9. How to print a document which printing is not allowed.

10. Printing not allowed of PDF file ?

11. PDF Print Defaulting / Forcing Color Print - Xerox Tektronix Phaser 850DP

12. Print: How to print a PDF file that is protected.

13. Cannot print to a pdf file with Distiller print driver