AppleScript and Distiller

Post by Richard Pokorsk » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone had any luck scripting Acrobat Distiller? I send commands
with AppleScript, there is no error, but the only thing the application
will do is launch and open a file. I cannot set any of its parameters.

AppleScript and Distiller

Post by John Doher » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

> Has anyone had any luck scripting Acrobat Distiller? I send commands
> with AppleScript, there is no error, but the only thing the application
> will do is launch and open a file. I cannot set any of its parameters.

If you can get it to distill a file, then have it distill one that sets
whatever parameters you need set. For example:

  %!
  serverdict begin 0 exitserver
  % set default page size
  << /PageSize [612 792] >> setpagedevice
  %EOF

See the file named distparms.pdf for more information on how to configure
Distiller's various options with PostScript.