Product: Adobe Acrobat/Problem: Annotating PDF Files

Product: Adobe Acrobat/Problem: Annotating PDF Files

Post by Scott_L_Hech » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Gang:

My employer creates images of forms (graphics, text, etc...) using
a graphics package.  I can get each image into Postscript format
with no problem, and I can create a PDF file with Distiller.  So, far
no problem.

Here's the problem:  Employees then print out the forms and annotate
them by hand (snail notes?), but we want to eliminate the paper waste.
I can use Adobe Exchange to place those small notes on each page, but I
find them to be ugly.  What I really want is to be able to add text in
any font in any pointsize to a PDF file.  I have been unsuccessful in
locating such a product.

Does anyone know of a product (windows preferably) that takes Postscript
or PDF files and allows you to annotate them with extra text?  Will
the next version of Adobe Exchange have this in it?

Yes, I could create a "bitmap" and have them write text on it, as
in Microsoft Paint, or other "paint" program. That's not what I want to
do.

(I really don't want to attempt to write a Visual Basic application; I
have so little hair as it is that I want to keep the few remaining
precious strands.)

Any help would be "mondo" greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,
Scott
--
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own,
  and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

--
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own,
  and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

1. Product:Adobe Acrobat/Problem:Annotating PDF Files

[...]

2. Sun 4/280

3. Adobe Acrobat 4.0 and Exporting EDITED PDF files to Postscript

4. Implementation of 802.3x PAUSE Flow Control in Gigabit Ethernet Devices

5. Adobe Acrobat 5 - Error opening pdf file?

6. getting ready to install

7. Printing Adobe Acrobat .PDF Files Through VB Code

8. need new or used body for IIIX

9. Adobe Acrobat 2.1 Compression Options for PDF files

10. adobe acrobat for unix: password for pdf files possible?

11. Adobe Acrobat PDF Files in Batch Mode

12. HELP: Adobe Type manager, Adobe Sans MM, Adobe Serif MM, Acrobat Distiller

13. problem printing n-up PDF with acrobat reader 3.02, adobe PS drivers 4.24 (Win 98)