Exchange 2.0 & Windows 2K / Windows 2000

Exchange 2.0 & Windows 2K / Windows 2000

Post by Brian Vaugh » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 04:41:24

        I have Exchange 2.0 and want to install it under Windows 2000.
While the files seem to get installed, I get a fatal error message
when trying to run Exchange: "Adobe Type Manager was not found."

        This doesn't indicate a path problem, I think, since
ATMCTRL.EXE and ATM.INI are in the path (actually at two places).

        I can't imagine what might be the cause of that error.

        (I looked for, but didn't find any, existing postings on
Exchange 2.0, and I didn't find any info on it at www.pdfzone.com, so
I'm turning to this group.)

Post by Aandi Inst » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 05:55:31

>    I have Exchange 2.0 and want to install it under Windows 2000.
>While the files seem to get installed, I get a fatal error message
>when trying to run Exchange: "Adobe Type Manager was not found."

You'll be lucky if you can get this to work. There have been five
releases since then and only the very last is designed for Windows
2000.

Quote:

>    This doesn't indicate a path problem, I think, since
>ATMCTRL.EXE and ATM.INI are in the path (actually at two places).

ATM written for Windows 95 or 3.1 will not function in Windows 2000.
Worse, it may break some of the native font handling in Windows 2000.

Quote:

>    I can't imagine what might be the cause of that error.

You don't have ATM installed. You could try downloading ATM Lite 4.1,
which is the very first version for Windows 2000, but I would not be
hopeful that Acrobat would recognise this as ATM and would start.

There was for many years no ATM at all for Windows NT systems, which
is one reason why, starting with Acrobat 2.1, Acrobat no longer
required ATM.

1. Reg: Exchange 2000 and windows 2000

Hi,

Is there any possibility of synchronizing data from
Webclient/webserver developed using ASP/CDOs with Exchange
server and Windows 2000, how can i synchronize my data
which is loacted in remote mail server to my PDA like palm
pilot, please tell me are there any plug-ins for windows
2000 and exchange 2000 to expose data like calendor, task
like things..

2. benchmark source info-Intro -- netiquette (1/28) c.be FAQ

3. Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 98 Networking Problems on laptop

4. FS: SGI GDM 4011P Monitor

5. LS-2000 w/ Windows 2K Pro

6. TCP/IP Port Restrictions

7. Fly!2K under Windows ME/2000

8. COSE: Is it dead?

9. Windows 2000 & Visio 2000

10. installing exchange server on a windows 2000 server

11. HP Scanners & Windows 2000 & USB Interface

12. Installing VO 2.0 / VO 2.5 to Windows 2000