Problems using ACROBAT 4 to convert doc to pdf

Problems using ACROBAT 4 to convert doc to pdf

Post by Wolfgang Malgad » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:03:58

Hi Folks!

i need to convert a m$ word document to pfd the convert process is ok but
first i got an error message:

(Sorry I am german so i have only german error messages!!!)
Fehler beim Schreiben zu LPT1: fr Dokument xyz.doc: Das System kann die
angegebene Datei nicht finden.
Wiederholen oder Abrechen.

I try to translate:
Error on writing to LPT1: for document xyz.doc: The System is unable to
finde the File.
Retry or abort.

when i hit abort the pdf is ok!
when i hit retry the pdf is broken...

(This ist no problem since the document is OK!)

But now I have the next most serious Problem.

The Text looks goot with all ?'s 's etc. (all Special Characters[Umlauts])

But when I print the document this Umlauts and Characters are broken, I
have on the printed document instead of an an Y with doubel points on it.
and so on the special characters are all broken!!!

maybe u can help me!

gretting from cologne germany
Wolfgang Malgadey

Problems using ACROBAT 4 to convert doc to pdf

Post by Wolfgang Malgad » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:43:48

very bad english

Sorry for that...