Creating bookmarks via API?

Post by Jordan Rosentha » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Is it possible to add bookmarks to a PDF file via the API?

I have a set of PDF files and would like to combine them into a single
document with a corresponding set of bookmark to act as a table of contents.
I can combine the individual PDF files via the OLE API with no problem, but
I do not know how to create the bookmarks.  The available functions only
seem to allow you to read or set the string for existing bookmarks, but as
far as I can tell, it won't let you create new ones.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jordan

1. creating thumbnails via shell API

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way how i can create thumbnails for nearly any format
windows supports, the same way the windows shell (windows explorer) does.
I've read something about using active document, but I dont have a clue
where to begin. I'm familiar with C++ and COM, so I only need the name of
some classes or interfaces. I want to create those thumbnails in arbitrary
sizes, so it does not make sense to read out existing "thumbdb"-files. I
also dont want to use an imaging class, for that i want to create the
thumbnails for arbitrary formats (e.g. videos, images, htmls ...). I only
want to use the functions the windows shell api provides and supports. any
help would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

Bye Alex

2. Down loading bank transactions - Payee error

3. Is there a robust way to create PDF from word creating bookmarks

4. Nino Replacement Stylus?

5. Any JAVA API for reading bookmarks from a PDF ?

6. Self extracting programs

7. Bookmark API example

8. Win/OS/2 Sound problems

9. API & Bookmarks

10. displaying a named destination or bookmark in PDF through API or command line

11. Bold text in bookmarks via pdfmark?

12. Free plug-in to create links / bookmarks to pages of PDF documents.

13. Creating a pdf-document with a bookmark