How to run a script from PDF which takes a command-line option?

How to run a script from PDF which takes a command-line option?

Post by Bruce Haug » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I'm working in a UNIX environment, using the HP-UX version of Acrobat
Exchange.

Is there a way to create a link in a PDF file which will run a script
that takes a command-line option?

For example, I have a script called "disp_man" which will take the name
of a man page as an argument and display that man page in an X window.
However, Exchange will only let me create the link as

        /path/to/script/disp_man

and not

        /path/to/script/disp_man manpage

I tried using single and double quotes around the whole string and just
around "manpage", but it didn't like any of those. I know I could hardcode
the manpage into the script, but I'm looking for a universal method that
could be used for any manpage.

Thanks.

Bruce

 | Bruce Hauge                                                      |

 | Integrated Circuits Business Division    PHONE: (541) 715-2675   |
 | 1000 NE Circle Blvd., MS: 133A           FAX: (541) 715-2145     |
 | Corvallis, OR  97330                                             |

1. command-line commands within a Perl script

Hi,

I have a directory with several subdirectories, each full of several dozen
Word files. For each subdirectory,  I need to run the checksum app against
all of that directory's files and output a file into that directory with the
checksum results. How can I do this? I'm very unfamilar with running
command-line commands from within an Perl script. I know to change
directories, you can do something like this:

$changeDir = "cd ".$startingDir;
system($changeDir);

but what about retrieving the list of subdirectories from the starting
directory? How can I do this?
Thanks for your help.

-Jose

2. help with Outbound

3. cgi script that takes in data then runs script on different host

4. Clipping text

5. Running Winzip with command line options

6. More about extra coloursUP

7. creating pdf-s from command-line or automating pdf creation?

8. FireServe Released: Freeware FireCracker Controller

9. Kermit running under MS Windows 3.0 script-based or command-line-based

10. Acrobat Command-line options for printing AND closing exe

11. Print a .pdf from the Adobe reader with a command line option?

12. Unix Distiller command-line options

13. PDF Manipulation using Java, Script, or Command line Tool