Word Doc/pdf bookmarks

Post by Nei » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:44:13

I have a 15 large MS Word documents with lots of cross-referencing via
hyperlinks to bookmarks. When I convert these files to pdf using
Acrobat 5.0 (full version), internal links within a document work fine
but links to other documents still link to the Word version of the
document not the new pdf. If I change the file name in the hyperlink
in the Word doc to the pdf file, the pdf opens but does not go to the
bookmark location. I'm missing something in the concept of how Acrobat
works. I assumed that when I converted these files to pdf, the links
to Word file bookmarks would now be links to pdf file bookmarks.
Thanks for any clues on how to make this work.
Neil N.

Word Doc/pdf bookmarks

Post by Nei » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:44:15

I have a 15 large MS Word documents with lots of cross-referencing via
hyperlinks to bookmarks. When I convert these files to pdf using
Acrobat 5.0 (full version), internal links within a document work fine
but links to other documents still link to the Word version of the
document not the new pdf. If I change the file name in the hyperlink
in the Word doc to the pdf file, the pdf opens but does not go to the
bookmark location. I'm missing something in the concept of how Acrobat
works. I assumed that when I converted these files to pdf, the links
to Word file bookmarks would now be links to pdf file bookmarks.
Thanks for any clues on how to make this work.
Neil N.

1. Word Bookmarks to PDF Bookmarks

I know how to create a pdf from Word, but I do not know how to
preserve the bookmarks within the pdf.  I have a MS Word document that
has bookmarks in it that I am coverting to PDF using a macro and
Distiller(doc -> ps -> pdf) and I would like to create two different
pdf's.
How do I:

1. Preserve all the Bookmarks from Word into PDF(have bookmarks
displayed in the PDF)

2. I have a Word macro that combines 2 or more documents into one
"package", and I need to convert that "package" to pdf(I know how to
do that).  Within pdf I need to have a bookmarks that point to the
first page of every document within that "package".

Thanks.

2. Unique row reference

3. Word->PDF with PDF bookmarks

4. Experience With AT&T Language Line

5. converting a word 2000 doc. to a adobe pdf doc.

6. MIDI waveset problem

7. Word Doc Info -> PDF Doc Info?

8. UNIXLOGIN script???

9. Getting doc.pdf from doc.doc or doc.txt

10. Meging Word doc, TIFF file, PDF into one PDF document

11. PDF-Writer 3.03 Error -- syllable division is incorrect when i convert WORD.doc to PDF

12. PDF-Writer 3.03 Fehler -- Silbentrennung ist fehlerhaft wenn ich Word.doc in PDF konvertiere

13. Hyperlinks to bookmarks in PDF docs