Error Converting Web Page to PDF Using Acrobat Web Capture Plug-in

Error Converting Web Page to PDF Using Acrobat Web Capture Plug-in

Post by Ender Capell » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello everybody,

Sorry if this question has been answered/asked before but since I'm new to
this group, can a knowledgeable
person help anyhow:

The Adobe Acrobat Web Capture plug-in recognizes GIF and JPEG images only;
it does not recognize PNG images. Therefore, if you choose File > Open Web
Page and click Download in Adobe Acrobat 4.0x to convert a Web page that
contains PNG image files to PDF, Acrobat returns the error, "Unknown error,"
and a box replaces each PNG image in the resulting PDF file.

What am I doing wrong and what is to be done to circumvent this behaviour.

Thanks in advance for all the help your are willing to provide.

Ender

-----

SOFITEC SA - 8, rue Henri M. Schnadt - BP 2705 - L-1027 Luxembourg
Phone:(+352)-403838-200 Mobile:(+352)-091-148794 Fax:(+352)-403838-380
http://www.sofitec.lu
-----

Post by Aandi Inst » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>The Adobe Acrobat Web Capture plug-in recognizes GIF and JPEG images only;
>it does not recognize PNG images. Therefore, if you choose File > Open Web
>Page and click Download in Adobe Acrobat 4.0x to convert a Web page that
>contains PNG image files to PDF, Acrobat returns the error, "Unknown error,"
>and a box replaces each PNG image in the resulting PDF file.

>What am I doing wrong and what is to be done to circumvent this behaviour.

I'm not sure why you say you are doing something wrong; you have
identified what the plug-in does; this is documented (at least by
omission).
---------------------------------------

Imposition and booklets for PDF - http://www.quite.com/imposing/

1. acrobat problem in capturing web pages to pdf files

When trying to open a web page into acrobat it opens it as html code.  I'm
not sure but I think I'm having the problem because the web page requires a
password.  I have the password and I can get to the web page fine through the
browser but when trying to download the web page after entering the correct
password Acrobat opens the web page as html code. Is there a solution to
this?

An answer would be appreciated

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Images turn into Black boxes

3. How can I 'web-capture' or 'print' a Russian web page?

4. Passing Sockets between Processes?

5. Difference between Acrobat 3.0 capture plug-in and Capture?

6. exployer exception

7. Capture error message: "PDF page is rotated" (how do I capture a landscape pdf?)

8. RIPOFF: HP 842C Printer - no 30ml cartridges!

9. Design plug-in with Acrobat plug-ins SDK

10. Capture problem for Chinese web pages with Acrobat 4.0 English version

11. Large spool files when Printing Captured web pages from Acrobat 4.0

12. capture Web pages in PDF requiring login

13. Save as Web page - Title in Web Page