word > pdf conversion with hyperlinks, how ?

word > pdf conversion with hyperlinks, how ?

Post by ben » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 01:51:44

Hi

I'm hoping to convert a word document which contains hyperlinks
(not internet hyperlinks, just links e.g. from the entry on the
index page to the relevent heading in the document etc. etc.)
into a pdf. I don't have Adobe Acrobat. Before going out and
finding a copy can anyone tell me:
a) if Acrobat can automatically convert words hyperlinks into
functioning links in the pdf.
b) if there are any cheaper, non-adobe programs which can do the
same

thanks very much

Ben

Post by Lori Sherm » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:34:04

> Hi

> I'm hoping to convert a word document which contains hyperlinks
> (not internet hyperlinks, just links e.g. from the entry on the
> index page to the relevent heading in the document etc. etc.)
> into a pdf. I don't have Adobe Acrobat. Before going out and
> finding a copy can anyone tell me:
> a) if Acrobat can automatically convert words hyperlinks into
> functioning links in the pdf.
> b) if there are any cheaper, non-adobe programs which can do the
> same

> thanks very much

> Ben

I am no expert with acrobat, but I do have it here at work. I just
converted a word document with hyperlinks to a PDF by using the
distiller, not printing it to the distiller. I couldn't get it to pick
up the bookmarks. I have version 4.0, though and 5.0 might do it.
you may also want to look at the free/ shareware version of fytek's
dll. You will have to write a little VB program for it I think or use
the command line functions.
http://www.fytek.com
go to the free software, and then register pages.

word > pdf conversion with hyperlinks, how ?

Post by Tim Murra » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:33:24

If you print to Acrobat Distiller and then distill, you don't get bookmarks
because Word doesn't send the codes Distiller needs.

The PDF macro will give you bookmarks.

word > pdf conversion with hyperlinks, how ?

Post by Peter Welloc » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:31:08

If you buy the full Acrobat package, the create PDF macro button that
features on Word will create hyperlinks based on:

embededded hyperlinks
TOC links
Cross document links
footnote and endnote links

Providing you manage your document well, Acrobat is an excellent choice

Quote:> Hi

> I'm hoping to convert a word document which contains hyperlinks
> (not internet hyperlinks, just links e.g. from the entry on the
> index page to the relevent heading in the document etc. etc.)
> into a pdf. I don't have Adobe Acrobat. Before going out and
> finding a copy can anyone tell me:
> a) if Acrobat can automatically convert words hyperlinks into
> functioning links in the pdf.
> b) if there are any cheaper, non-adobe programs which can do the
> same

> thanks very much

> Ben

word > pdf conversion with hyperlinks, how ?

Post by RMF » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:15:52

hi peter

> If you buy the full Acrobat package, the create PDF macro button that
> features on Word will create hyperlinks based on:

> embededded hyperlinks
> TOC links
> Cross document links
> footnote and endnote links

> Providing you manage your document well, Acrobat is an excellent
> choice

we are talking about PDF-writer here? what folks in the pdf newsgroup
say about that is: poor quality of pictures :-(

it is not installed as per default anymore with acrobat 5 and probably
will be discontinued in the next edition.

.bob
--
 /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /

Post by Aandi Inst » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:09:34

>> If you buy the full Acrobat package, the create PDF macro button that
>> features on Word will create hyperlinks based on:
>> Providing you manage your document well, Acrobat is an excellent
>> choice

>we are talking about PDF-writer here? what folks in the pdf newsgroup
>say about that is: poor quality of pictures :-(

No, that is PDFMaker. It uses Distiller.

1. Excel --> PDF hyperlink conversion

Hi all,

I want to know if there is a way to preserve hyperlinks in an Excel document
when converting that document to PDF.

The hyperlink's colour and underline comes through OK, but it's not actually
a hyperlink - just text.

Any advice/hints would be much appreciated.

Eugene Semetsky

2. Request: zip/unzip *running* under sinix

3. dropping hyperlinks in latex->pdf conversion

4. Epson 1200U or Acer 1240UT

5. Converting WORD hyperlinks to PDF hyperlinks

6. What has happened to my WB?

7. MS Word-->PDF loses hyperlinks

8. Virtual server: FP2000 extensions not installed

9. Hyperlinks in Microsoft Word Documents -> pdf

10. Word --> PDF losing some hyperlinks

11. Conversion Word -> PDF

12. Completely automated conversion MS Word DOC -> PDF

13. word -> pdf conversion?