can't write PDF from Word (with graphic)

can't write PDF from Word (with graphic)

Post by Ian » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:49:34

Complete beginner to Acrobat. Please excuse.
Have a friend trying to write a PDF for me from a Word doc. Word hangs when
the PDF print gets to p23 which is a very complex graphic page, produced by
Microsoft Visio and imported to Word.
Does anyone have any knowledge of whether this should indeed be a problem,
any ideas, workarounds?
TIA, Ian.

can't write PDF from Word (with graphic)

Post by Tim Murra » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:30:43

If you're using the PDFMaker macro, try printing to Acrobat Distiller
printer instead, then distilling it manually.

can't write PDF from Word (with graphic)

Post by Ian » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:24:28

thanks Tim but didn't do the trick. I think I've got a corrupt
installation - I think I'll approach from that angle.
Thanks again, Ian

Quote:> If you're using the PDFMaker macro, try printing to Acrobat Distiller
> printer instead, then distilling it manually.

1. Driving 'canned' QNX Windows apps.

Hello,

Is it possible to 'drive' a canned QNX Windows application
(canned == exe only) from another application ?  What I want to
do is to send the application window events 'faking' real user input,
e.g. button clicks, drags, keyboard hits or whatever, and make the
application react as if the user was driving it.

I have tried the simplistic approach of filling events with what
should be stuffed in for a certain action (QW_CLICK, for example)
and sending the event to the app. via a PutEvent(), with no success.

I tried becoming the owner of windows and pictures the application
owns (by means of WindowOwner, PictureOwner), setting the 'writable
by anyone' flag "W" on both, returning the ownership of windows and
pictures to the application, and sending event with no success
either.

When my application owns winds & picts, I am able to receive 'real'
events directed to the application.

Is this intrinsically impossible ?  If not, could someone please give
me any clue on how to do it ?

Thanks in advance,

--

  VFlops.
  Servicios Especiales de Computacion.  Modelado de Procesos.

2. NetSuite 2 - Offline marking and reading

3. Word file with PDF object - Can't turn it into a PDF !

4. How does the 68000 port manage memory ?

5. Strange PDF 'squaring' of Visio graphics?

6. The Steve Jobs Resignation FAQ (from tidbits.com)

7. 'Word-By-Word' reader technology

8. mitsubishi cp110u driver

9. It's not bad canned meat...

10. Word 2000 to pdf - problem with graphics

11. Text disappears from Visio graphics when converting Word docs into PDF

12. How to copy a graphic in PDF file to Word?

13. PDF text and graphics -> MS Word