Problem with creating a PDF-file in Acrobat Exchange 3.0

Problem with creating a PDF-file in Acrobat Exchange 3.0

Post by Mozze » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello all!

A customer of mine can save an Office-file in the PDF-format, but this only
works on his Win95. When he tries to do this on a Win NT-machine, it will
not work. I do not yet know which error-messages he receives.

Can anyone help me here?

Sincerely,

Niklas Pivic

Post by Aandi Inst » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Hello all!

>A customer of mine can save an Office-file in the PDF-format, but this only
>works on his Win95. When he tries to do this on a Win NT-machine, it will
>not work. I do not yet know which error-messages he receives.

>Can anyone help me here?

Probably not until you get those error messages...
---------------------------------------

Imposition and booklets for PDF - http://www.quite.com/imposing/

Problem with creating a PDF-file in Acrobat Exchange 3.0

Post by Mozze » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>Hello all!

>>A customer of mine can save an Office-file in the PDF-format, but this
only
>>works on his Win95. When he tries to do this on a Win NT-machine, it will
>>not work. I do not yet know which error-messages he receives.

>>Can anyone help me here?

>Probably not until you get those error messages...

OK, now that I know more, I'll inform you.

He doesn't receive any error messages. The thing is, he is trying to create
a PDF-file from a Word-document, landscape format, which consists of an
object created in Word, and is grouped. It's smack on the middle in Word,
but in the PDF-file, it's decreased by 100% in size and is positioned at the
bottom left corner of the page (which is set as landscape when printed as
PDF as well). We are using Word 97 and Acrobat Exchange 3.0. Do you know
anything about this, or anything that might help, I'd be very grateful.

Sincerely,

Niklas Pivic

Problem with creating a PDF-file in Acrobat Exchange 3.0

Post by RStolt » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

The 3.0 Acrobat PDFMaker does not work well with either system. Sometimes it
just does not work. Try printing to Distiller Assistant and use the
Distiller to create the PDF instead.  This does not preserve links but it
will generally create the PDF correctly. Another option is to upgade to
Acrobat 4.0 and use the new PDFMaker (but 4 has its own set of problems).

If they have to use Acrobat 3.0 they should get the Acrobat Exchange 3.01
upgrade and the Distiller 3.02 upgrade (both are free and can be
downloaded). They fix a lot of bugs on the Windows versions.

Quote:> >>Hello all!