scan for pdf production

Post by melis » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

Do I have to scan the target document to produce pdf document?
In this case, what does the Acrobat function?

scan for pdf production

Post by Arved Sandstr » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

> Do I have to scan the target document to produce pdf document?
> In this case, what does the Acrobat function?

If the target document is paper you most certainly do (or take a picture
with a digital camera, or whatever).

The basic procedure is to scan, usually producing a TIFF image file. This
may be immediately converted using Acrobat Capture into either an image
PDF or a so-called "normal" PDF, which is text. The latter may need to be
edited. You then continue with Acrobat Exchange etc.

Documents which already exist as electronic files can in most cases be
readily converted to PDF. Word can be used with PDFMaker from Adobe to
produce PDF; many other applications produce PDF; many other apps produce
Postscript which can be distilled into PDF using Distiller, and so on and
so forth.

Maybe you should describe what it is you are trying to convert.

Arved

1. Help: Scanning Production - Adobe PDF Duplex Scanning

I am trying to run a small production scale conversion of paper to Adobe
PDF files.

Looking for utilities or plug-ins to do the following:

Use a twain compatible scanner to make duplex scans (both sides) from a
simplex (one side) scanner. Is there a software solution to read one side,
count the number of pages, then interleave the second side of the stack as
it is scanned in?

Any program running windows 95/98 that will output a file format
readable/importable by Adobe PDF will be considered.

Black and white scanning capability at 300 dpi is the target. No OCR
required.

--
Andrew W. Sloley
Process Consulting Services Inc.

http://www.revamps.com

2. top level domain conflict with local host

3. JOB - Production Manager or Production Assistant

4. Search Function Not Linking right.

5. Need advice on scan editing and production coordination

6. Oracle Glue?

7. Document Scanning Production Manager Wanted

8. dynamic pdf production

9. Server-side PS 2 PDF production

10. New Production Service Offering - PubSTec PDF SearchSure(TM)

11. PDF document production solution

12. TinyAnnounce: More PDF TinyHelps now available for ASCII-> PS Self-Printing Book Production.