CGM graphics in PDF files

Post by K C » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:45:44

I am trying to write a program that converts an automotive parts
catalog database into an actual catalog in PDF format,

Inserting the parts data is a breeze. The problem is the graphics for
the parts are all line drawings in the old .cgm graphics format which
can't be imported into PDF files. (At least no way that I can
determine).

Because .cgm is a vector based graphics format, converting the
graphics to a raster format (.jpg, .tif, .bmp) degrades the quality of
the graphics to an unusable format.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

1. CGM to Regis or Sixel, CGM specification

Dear fellownetters,

We are provided a series of pictures in "CGM" formatted files, and
have a lot of VT340 terminals for our users.

Question 1. Does any of you know a conversion program from CGM in
either "sixel" or "regis"(preferred).

Question 2. Does any of you know what how the CGM-format is spelled.

Thanks.

2. Presswise Punch Calibrations

3. --> Extract graphics file from a PDF file?

4. Report output to file

5. Pasting graphic file into pdf file - it can be done?

6. WANTED: A2000 Ethernet Adapter for Oxxi's ACS Software

7. SGML Graphics (CGM) and HTML/HTTP

8. sockets

9. selecting a CGM graphic using DDE - Solution!

10. selecting a CGM graphic using DDE

11. CGM output from object graphics

12. pdf to hpgl or cgm

13. SAS/GRAPH output - CGM or PDF?