Creating links in PDF files created with Adobe Illustrator...

Creating links in PDF files created with Adobe Illustrator...

Post by BigBogus->RobP » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

To all,

  Is there a plug-in for Illustrator,  or an inexpensive stand alone
application that will let me create hypertext links in PDF files.

 If have been surfing the web for an answer, but haven't found anything
just yet.

  Any thoughts would be appreciated,

  Thanks,

  Robert Pavlu

Post by Aandi Inst » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>  Is there a plug-in for Illustrator,  or an inexpensive stand alone
>application that will let me create hypertext links in PDF files.

Acrobat Exchange, part of Acrobat 3.0, is an essential tool for anyone
wanting to do serious work with PDFs.
---------------------------------------

Imposition and booklets for PDF - http://www.quite.com/imposing/

Creating links in PDF files created with Adobe Illustrator...

Post by Bryan and Pa » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Go to    http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/utilities.html
and check out the EPS Links Files recipes. They can make short work
of creating links in certain situations. Especially with Illustrator. No plugin is necessary.

Bryan

Post by Axel Ros » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> >Is there a plug-in for Illustrator,  or an inexpensive stand alone
> >application that will let me create hypertext links in PDF files.

> Acrobat Exchange, part of Acrobat 3.0, is an essential tool for anyone
> wanting to do serious work with PDFs.

Agreed. But you can't seriously use Exchange as authoring program.
What if you layout PDF files an place Illustrator EPS?
Illustrator allows you to export URLs only within a single GIF file.
Links are lost when saving to PDF. I haven't verified this with the
new 8 version though. Manual editing in Exchange is no option to me.

As an alternative I tried FrameMaker. It can maintain all links
in its native format and in PDF and HTML output. The pity with Frame
is that you can't attach hyperlinks to text lines within a graphics frame.

Just my two cents :)

Axel

        Axel Rose, Springer & Jacoby Digital GmbH & Co. KG

pub PGP key 1024/A21CB825 E0E4 BC69 E001 96E9  2EFD 86CA 9CA1 AAC5
"... denn alles, was entsteht, ist wert, da? es zugrunde geht ..."