How to create Acrobat destinations using MS Word and PDF-Writer

How to create Acrobat destinations using MS Word and PDF-Writer

Post by Pa » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:14:59

Hi,

does anybody know what I can do to in Word to get a PDF file that
contains so-called destinations? Bookmarks, index enties, links etc.
just don't do the job. So I have to manually post-process the PDF file
that the PDF-Writer has created. I load the file in Acrobat and insert
the destinations there.

Thanks

Kornel

How to create Acrobat destinations using MS Word and PDF-Writer

Post by Bryan Guignar » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 17:51:58

You cannot accomplish this in Word if you use PDF Writer. It's simply not
possible.

You can do it with Word, but you need to use a PostScript workflow (aka
Distiller, PostScript files, pdfmarks).

Bryan

Post by Pa » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 18:35:59

> You cannot accomplish this in Word if you use PDF Writer. It's simply not
> possible.

> You can do it with Word, but you need to use a PostScript workflow (aka
> Distiller, PostScript files, pdfmarks).

> Bryan

Bryan,

I found a good contribution from John Fulton in this news group that I
would like to recommend to others interested in that topic. Since
there is no Word object that the Acrobat Distiller converts to the
so-called named destinations, these must be added to the PDF document
by 'brute force'. That's exactly what John's VBA macro does. Use
'CreateNamedDestinations()' as search item to find the thread.

Thanks, also thanks to John

Kornel