Newbie question: Silently batch printing PDF files

Newbie question: Silently batch printing PDF files

Post by Eduardo Sheringto » Sun, 17 Jun 2001 05:18:32

Hi,

I have a whole bunch of .pdf files generated by an application. What I need
to do is to take all of those .pdf files and have them be printed out.

Currently for every .pdf file I launch an instance of Acrobat using the
command-line switches as described in the comp.txt.pdf unofficial faq.
However launching Acrobat each time seems a bit over the top and I worry
about how reliable this approach is and how well it will scale.

I've tried using pdf2ps and then copying the postscript file to the printer,
but this doesn't work (I think there's a problem with the pdf generation
code which Acrobat seems to tolerate).

Could anyone give any pointers on an alternative solution for this?

Newbie question: Silently batch printing PDF files

Post by Roy Walte » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:00:33

If you are running under Windows, have you considered OLE or DDE (or
AppleScript on the Mac)? Although it means 'launching' Acrobat either via
DDE or by creating an OLE object, it scales very well and you can always
hide the app'. What application are you using to generate the PDFs? It may
be that they could be printed from the same environment.

- Roy Walter
www.brookhouse.co.uk

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a whole bunch of .pdf files generated by an application. What I
need
> to do is to take all of those .pdf files and have them be printed out.

> Currently for every .pdf file I launch an instance of Acrobat using the
> command-line switches as described in the comp.txt.pdf unofficial faq.
> However launching Acrobat each time seems a bit over the top and I worry
> about how reliable this approach is and how well it will scale.

> I've tried using pdf2ps and then copying the postscript file to the
printer,
> but this doesn't work (I think there's a problem with the pdf generation
> code which Acrobat seems to tolerate).

> Could anyone give any pointers on an alternative solution for this?

1. Newbie question about batch printing from DOC to PDF

Dear friends,

I am now trying to print a batch of doc files in specific directory to
corresponding pdf saving in another directory. I try writing macro to tackle
it but there is dialog prompted for filename and location of pdf file.

Is my solution right? Any other solutions to tackle dialog box problem?

Many thanks,
Fred

2. Netware for OpenVMS questions

3. Problems printing silently pdf files with Acrobat Reader v5.0

4. libmyisam help...

5. Silently print pdf files

6. latex puzzles

7. How to print PDF silently

8. domain in From line (cont...)

9. Win32 script/utility to print PDF silently and exit Acrobat?

10. Batch program exist to combine multiple pdf files into one pdf file?

11. Automate the printing process of PDF files in a batch mode.

12. How Print PDF from batch file?

13. How can I print multiple pdf files in a batch?