Bottom lines of tables won't shop up in PDF output from MS Word

Bottom lines of tables won't shop up in PDF output from MS Word

Post by Frank Cont » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

Using PDF writer recently I was unable to distill a completely
successful Word document, (Mac Office 98). For some reason the pdf
converter doesn't print the last line of a linked table in Word (It so
happens that the table is linked to Excel.) This happens with every
table in the document. What am I doing wrong? Otherwise the document
distills rather nicely and there is no font problem or substitution
whatsoever.

I would be willing to upload the .ps file if someone is kind enough to
help me...

Tnanks

Post by Aandi Inst » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

>Using PDF writer recently I was unable to distill a completely
>successful Word document, (Mac Office 98).

Note: distiller and PDFWriter are separate things, and you use one or
the other, so your statement is wrong in at least one respect.
---------------------------------------

Imposition and booklets for PDF - http://www.quite.com/imposing/

1. Word to PDF error - table rows won't render in browser!

I have converted a Word '97 document to PDF, put form fields on it, etc.  I
found that it works beautifully when opened from the desktop Acrobat or
Acrobat Reader, but when it's opened in the web browser - disaster!  The
results as consist across Acrobats 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and 5.05; IE 4,5,6 and
Netscape 4.7, 6.1:  (1) you can type into a form field, but your text turns
invisible when you lose focus from the field (2) checkboxes don't show up at
all (though you can still check and uncheck them) and (3) certain lines on
the document were ever so slowly drawing themselves across the screen.

These lines were dashed lines, and in actuality, rows defined within tables
in Word.  I was finally able to pin it down to this: these rows are what's
causing the problem.  When I took them out- no more problems.  All fine and
good- except the document will look like crap with all the rows taken out.
Plus, I do not have the luxury of redesigning the form- that job falls to
committees and committees within committees who stew and toil over its
wording and design for months.

So I suppose my question is: how can I fix it???  Is there some trick or
workaround?  Is there a patch from Adobe to correct this?  I would have
thought that the latter would be true, but I could find no mention of this
problem on their website, and the patch 5.0.5 that's out there now does not
seem to help the problem.

Can anyone lend some insight into this, before I rip what little I have left
of my hair out?  Thanks in advance.

-Seth

2. Mask design using Autocad

3. Do MS-Word generated Table of Contents translate into PDF?

4. Epson 600

5. MS Word 6.0 (Win 3.1) to PDF?

6. Users Locked Out

7. MS-Kermit 3.14 mode line won't stay off.

8. Multiple domains on a single machine

9. Word Field Codes Won't Stay Hidden in PDF

10. MS Word to PDF - can't link with other documents

11. Proc Report - drawing a line at the bottom of the table

12. link Excel files (Excel table) in MS-word with MS Excel files.