Need a PCL to PDF converter for Solaris

Post by Chris Williso » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

I need to be able to convert to PDF on a Sun machine.  I can't seem to
find any products for UNIX!!!!! They are all for Win9X and NT!!!!
The source format could be another format, such as bitmap, pcx, tiff,
etc., but it cannot be PostScript!  I need to be able to maintain the
template
'documents' with some kind of common editor (i.e. photoshop, word, etc.
etc.)

Thanks,

Chris.

Post by John Doher » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

> I need to be able to convert to PDF on a Sun machine.  I can't seem to
> find any products for UNIX!!!!! They are all for Win9X and NT!!!!
> The source format could be another format, such as bitmap, pcx, tiff,
> etc., but it cannot be PostScript!  I need to be able to maintain the
> template 'documents' with some kind of common editor (i.e. photoshop,
> word, etc. etc.)

Since you say you'll accept TIFF as your input format, then you could
use tiff2ps to convert TIFFs to PS, then convert that to PDF with either
Distiller or ghostscript.

Post by Isamu Ohzaw » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

> > I need to be able to convert to PDF on a Sun machine.  I can't seem to
> > find any products for UNIX!!!!! They are all for Win9X and NT!!!!
> > The source format could be another format, such as bitmap, pcx, tiff,
> > etc., but it cannot be PostScript!  I need to be able to maintain the
> > template 'documents' with some kind of common editor (i.e. photoshop,
> > word, etc. etc.)

> Since you say you'll accept TIFF as your input format, then you could
> use tiff2ps to convert TIFFs to PS, then convert that to PDF with either
> Distiller or ghostscript.

You can skip PS and directly go TIFF -> PDF.

We have tiff2pdf for Unix platforms: Linux, FreeBSD, and MacOS X Server
at http://www.fastio.com/tiff2pdf.html
Unfortunately, no Solaris version, as we don't have this platform.

Sam Ohzawa
FastIO Systems

Need a PCL to PDF converter for Solaris

Post by HGO » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

take a look at

http://www.visual.co.uk/Pcl2pdf.html

They have a PCL to PDF converter !!!

Need a PCL to PDF converter for Solaris

Post by Stefano de Luc » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I need to be able to convert to PDF on a Sun machine.  I can't seem to
> find any products for UNIX!!!!! They are all for Win9X and NT!!!!

Chris,
there is a excellent convert from several source formats, one to another,
named ImageMagick.
We used it to convert tiff to pdf and it works on Sun and other unix, and on
NT too!
you can find it on http://www.wizards.dupont.com/cristy/ImageMagick.html