Error 16 in pdf file?

Post by Tim Hove » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

We have a problem with Acrobat Reader 3.0. A file that would read
perfectly with Reader 2.1 gives "There was an error processing a page.
There was a problem reading this document (16)"

This is causing us significant problems, anyone got any ideas?

TIA,

Tim Hoverd

1. Zip Error 16: Invalid File Name

Hello,
     I am running into an issue with a pre-built binary, ready-to-run
Zip.dll (version 2.3 currently used in InfoZip).  When I have an a
filename to be archived by the Zip libaray and the absolute path of
the file contains a '[' character, the Zip library displays a message
box with the error: "Zip Error 16, Bad Zip Options Specified".  When I
use an absolute path with alpha characters, the zip proceeds.

My two questions on this:
1. Which character sets are considered invalid, according to the
pre-built binary Zip library?
2. Is there a workaround?

I've obtained the Zip.dll from the InfoZip home page:
http://www.info-zip.org

Any help and / or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

2. ENVY/Manager FAQ (v.1.0)

3. Insert PDF file into PDF file error

4. Mic usage for random input

5. File Opening Error Message: "File does not begin with '%PDF-'"

6. Looking for knowledge acquisition tool for decision tree

7. Sybase FAQ: 16/16 - section 12

8. File Management