Some elements disappear in PDF made with Quark

Some elements disappear in PDF made with Quark

Post by Anders » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:44:09

When creating a PDF directly from Quark 4.1 by 'printing' with Distiller I'm
losing certain elements in the final PDF. This happens on the right side of
the 'paper' when making a PDF of a document with spreads. I'm losing both
text boxes and graphic elements that are in the Quark document. Elements
that start on the left side and cross over to the right look fine. But some
elements just on the right side disappear. When making a PDF of a single
page (no spreads) everything is fine.

Can anybody help?
Anders

Post by Aandi Inst » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:48:44

>When creating a PDF directly from Quark 4.1 by 'printing' with Distiller I'm
>losing certain elements in the final PDF. This happens on the right side of
>the 'paper' when making a PDF of a document with spreads. I'm losing both
>text boxes and graphic elements that are in the Quark document. Elements
>that start on the left side and cross over to the right look fine. But some
>elements just on the right side disappear. When making a PDF of a single
>page (no spreads) everything is fine.

This was a known bug in Distiller 3.0 and 3.01. Do you have that
version?

Some elements disappear in PDF made with Quark

No, I'm using Acrobat Distiller 4.05. Any idea?

Post by Anders » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:47:19

When creating a PDF directly from Quark 4.1 by 'printing' with Distiller I'm
losing certain elements in the final PDF. This happens on the right side of
the 'paper' when making a PDF of a document with spreads. I'm losing both
text boxes and graphic elements that are in the Quark document. Elements
that start on the left side and cross over to the right look fine. But some
elements just on the right side disappear. When making a PDF of a single
page (no spreads) everything is fine.

I'm using Acrobat 4.05
Maybe I need a new driver of some sort?

Can anybody help?
Anders

*This is a re-posting, nobody could help last time

1. Elements made in Quark vanish in PDF

Got a problem that's driving me mad.

When 'printing' with Distiller to a PDF from Quark 4.1 I lose certain
elements - both text boxes and graphics. This only happens on the right side
of the paper when printing spreads. When printing a single page everything
is fine. Elements that cross over from the left side to the right look fine.
It's the ones only on the right side that disappear.

I'm using Acrobat 4.05

Any ideas???
Thanks
Anders

2. comp.protocols.ppp part8 of 8 of frequently wanted information

3. Elements in Quark vanish in PDF ?

4. WinOS - How do I make my Windows C++ app perform LANMAN functions???

5. Making PDF files from Quark XPress Documents

6. CHALLENGING AND LUCRATIVE CAREER OPPORTUNITY

7. character appearing and disappearing in pdf file - test.pdf (0/1)

8. Labview VI's

9. Scanner makes my A Drive disappear

10. OmniPage Pro 8.0 makes scanner disappear

11. Wx makes my Runway Disappear - Fixed

12. Weather makes my Runway Disappear

13. Mouse problem that makes is disappear and lock to screen bottom