Error in creating PDF files

Post by Majee » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

Using Acrobat 4.0, which includes Distiller 4.0- Every time I open a
Document file saved in MS Word97, Acrobat goes through the motion of
converting .DOC file into .PDF until it starts Distiller. A few split of
seconds passes then the error:
"Acrobat failed to create the PDF file" is displayed. If I close the window,
another error message crops up: " ACRODIST caused an Invalid Page Fault in
Module Kernel32.DLL at <address>"

This error occurs while trying to convert all the MS Office files.
Converting HTML pages and ASCII files seems to work OK without any problem.

I realize it is not an easy problem to solve, however, I appreciate any help
or hints.
BTW: I have been using Acrobat and Distiller version 3.0 up to a few days
ago without any problems. Version 4.0 seems to have a problem with my set
up.

Majeed Panahi

1. Error opening manually created pdf file

Hi,

I'm trying to create a pdf file from scratch using Notepad and an
Excel sheet to count bytes.
This is my first experience with PDF, and maybe I'm missing something.

The source of my file are some examples I found on pdf specs document
from adobe.
I just added object number 5 (see below) and resources ImageB and
ImageC. Then I recounted bytes and rebuilt xref.
I am doing this because I need to generate a form (invoice) with our
company logo on it, so I'm starting with these test files.

Opening the file with Acrobat Reader 5, I get the following message:
"There was an error opening the document. The root object is missing
or invalid"

Do anybody see something wrong in this file?

Thank you very much

%PDF-1.3
1 0 obj
<< /Type /Catalog
/Outlines 2 0 R
/Pages 3 0 R
endobj
2 0 obj
<< /Type Outlines
/Count 0
endobj
3 0 obj
<< /Type /Pages
/Kids [4 0 R]
/Count 1
endobj
4 0 obj
<< /Type /Page
/Parent 3 0 R
/MediaBox [0 0 612 792]
/Contents 5 0 R
/Resources << /ProcSet 6 0 R >>
endobj
5 0 obj
<<
/Filter [/ASCII85Decode /LZWDecode]
<< /Length 528 >>
stream
"J..)6T`?p&<!J9%_[umg""B7/Z7KNXbN'S+,*Q/&""OLT'F"

"RM]WM;jjH6Gnc75idkL5]+cPZKEBPWdR>FF(kj1_R%W_d"
"&/jS!;iuad7h?[L-F$+]]0A3Ck*$I0KZ?;<)CJtqi65Xb"
"Vc3\n5ua:Q/=0$W<#N3U;H,MQKqfg1?:lUpR;6oN[C2E4"
ZNr8Udn.'p+?#X+1>0Kuk$bCDF/(3fL5]Oq)^kJZ!C2H1
"'TO]Rl?Q:&'<5&iP!$Rq;BXRecDN[IJB`,)o8XJOSJ9sD"

:aAa'S`ViJglLb8<W9k6Yl\\0McJQkDeLWdPN?9A'jX*
"al>iG1p&i;eVoK&juJHs9%;Xomop""5KatWRT""JQ#qYuL,"

8l8Q:_CZ(Gm1%X\N1&u!FKHMB~>
endstream
endobj
6 0 obj
[/PDF /ImageB /ImageC]
endobj
xref
0 7
0000000000 65535 f
0000000000 00009 n
0000000000 00074 n
0000000000 00119 n
0000000000 00176 n
0000000000 00295 n
0000000000 00920 n
trailer
<< /Size 7
/Root 1 0 R
startxref
958
%%EOF

2. pipe fd & pipe memory area

3. Insert PDF file into PDF file error

4. Cadence on Solaris 2.6

5. Creating links in PDF files created with Adobe Illustrator...

6. CNA - why is 4.x missing from the CNA study guide???

7. Creating PDF "Flat File" from PDF

8. syncing through network

9. Creating hundreds of custom PDF's based on original PDF file

10. How to create a PDF bookmarking all the PDF files of a folder ?

11. PCL to PDF and/or creating a PDF file in FoxPro.

12. create any arbitrary pdf file starting with a ps file and distilling it

13. problem creating PDF file from .ps file originating from CorelDraw