Cajun P550 and Cabletron SSR

Post by Josep Farr » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

    Hi,

I'm need to decide the purchase of a Routing Switch box for my network.
After a first round of comparatives I've decided to choose between a Cajun
P550 and a Cabletron SSR.

I would like to know if somebody has any experience with these boxes that
could help me in the final decision.

Thanks

Josep

Cajun P550 and Cabletron SSR

Post by mmi.. » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>     Hi,

> I'm need to decide the purchase of a Routing Switch box for my
network.
> After a first round of comparatives I've decided to choose between a
Cajun
> P550 and a Cabletron SSR.

> I would like to know if somebody has any experience with these boxes
that
> could help me in the final decision.

> Thanks

Hi Josep
We are one of the biggest Trading Company world-wide, and we are using
14 Lucent Cajun P550 in our environment. I can say with satisfaction
that they are very reliable.

PS: Sorry about my English..!

Regards
MIM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Cajun P550 and Cabletron SSR

Post by Darren Gree » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Josep,

The Cajun's functionality seems impressive, the management features on
the box, directory services etc are good.

I was told by a colleague that if you wanted routing on the box that it
was a 'factory fit' i.e. you had to include this on day one. Check their
web site to see if this is correct.

As you require this option it isn't an issue for you, however, I would
be interested to hear from any others in the group about the general
strength's and weaknesses of both products.

Good luck.

Quote:>    Hi,

--
Darren Green
Internetworking Sales Consultant

when sending e-mail remove nospam

Cajun P550 and Cabletron SSR

Post by Chuck Mc » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am a Network Systems Engineer for a services company based in Maryland
(USA).  We are a Cabletron partner (as well as a few other companies).  I
have installed several SSRs and have had no problems with their quality.
There are a few issues with ACLs that I have run into during one
installation but may not relate depending on your network.  If you have
questions please feel free to post or contact me directly.  I must admit
that I have no knowledge of the Cajun box, though.
Chuck - USA
>>I'm need to decide the purchase of a Routing Switch box for my network.
>>After a first round of comparatives I've decided to choose between a Cajun
>>P550 and a Cabletron SSR.

>>I would like to know if somebody has any experience with these boxes that
>>could help me in the final decision.

>>Thanks

>>Josep

>--
>Darren Green
>Internetworking Sales Consultant
>Memorex-Telex Altrincham
>Area Office 0161 9297889

>when sending e-mail remove nospam

1. Cajun P550-R, Cajun P120 switches opinion, please

Dear Colleague,

Here at our university we are considering the purchase of Cajun P550-R and
Cajun P120 switches. We've focused on this equipment because of its performance
tested by Data Communication Magazine and The Tolly Group (network equipment
testing company). We know all pro's about this models, but we also need to know
all con's. Especially we would like to know:
- what is the way of managing used (console, WWW or dedicated software -
  name and version is appreciated)
- if you are managing this equipment from Unix (HP OpenView) or preferably
  Solaris (HP OV or Sun Net Manager) we'd like to know your opinion if all
  works as expected
- technical quality of the equipment (number of failures with recognized
  reasons, less serious but also annoying things like hang-ups etc.)
- the quality of the support (software upgrades, response time etc.)
- other problems arisen so far
- comparision to Cisco 5505 (all aspects)

We appreciate your opinion and any information related.

Thanks in advance,
Darek Dej

--

System Manager at Institute of Automatics
Network Manager at Electrical Engineering Department

2. vol limit in nwadmin

3. Lucent Cajun p550 family

4. SMS.INI missing with 2.0

5. Trunking between Cisco switches and Cabletron SSR 2000 switch/router.

6. WFW 3.11 and Arcnet

7. Cabletron SSR versus Cisco 7500 or 8540?

8. TLS errors need help please !

9. Problem: Cabletron SSR 8000 - load-balance round robin/webhosting

10. Cabletron SSR/Cisco 6500

11. Connectivity between Cabletron SSR-8 and Summit48

12. mrtg and lucent p550 layer 3 switch