1. Making V.35 F/F crossover null modem
Seeking instructions on making a "telco emulator" to connect two
routers via standard V.35 cables. I have crossover cables for Cisco
routers, but cannot connect non-cisco routers except via their
ethernet/token ring ports.
To connect a cisco router to a non-cisco router, I can get (I think) a
DCE cable for cisco to female V.35, but before I buy a bunch of them I
want to explore other options that would allow connecting two non-cisco
routers to each other.
I believe I can get "normal" V.35 cables for all my routers. Someone
suggested an X.21 crossover, but I don't know if I can get (at a
reasonable cost) X.21 cables for IBM 2210/Proteon, portmaster IRX, 3Com
superstack. I have and can probably get more circuit boards with two
V.35 female connectors (part of a DSU).
I found this web page www.microgate.com/techcenter/null.html for making
a crossover cable, assuming one of the devices generates a clock
signal, however I believe older cisco routers can't create a clock
signal (some 3000s and older), so I presume some/many non-cisco routers
do not either, which would preclude making or buying a direct crossover
cable between them.
What I am looking for is specs on the wave shape and voltage for the
clock signal soI can make a clock for the above crossover. Better: a
complete circuit diagram I could assemble. Best, a low cost clock
generator assembled. I was an electronics hobbiest before personal
All store listings for crossover or null modem V.35 cables I could find
started around $100 with shipping and I doubt any of them generate a
clock, if there were a device that generated a clock, I'm guessing it
would be several hundred per cable.
I couldn't decide if this belonged here or on alt.cisco.certification,
I opted for here because it seemed too advanced, but I'll accept
feedback if I am wrong, I'm still a newbie at usenet.
2. VueScan 7.6 won't recognize scanner!
3. Use Telephone cable for crossover cable
4. How do you debug DOS/4GW app under Win 95 ???
5. Cross-connect cable vs. crossover cable
6. Assigning a script to a key...
7. Cable length of 100BT cat5 crossover cable?
8. Watchdog setup on MPC823
9. Crossover or straight thru cable for cable modem?
10. Cable modem - crossover cable ?
11. Converting Crossover Cable to Regular Cable
12. RJ-45 Null Modem Cable or Crossover Cable
13. Crossover cable or straight thru cable