Ethernet Cable A/B Switch: Who Manufactures Them ?

Ethernet Cable A/B Switch: Who Manufactures Them ?

Post by Robert1 » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 00:26:05

Hello:

Anyone know if anyone makes a hopefully not too expensive simple manual A/B
switch
for swithing a single input Ethernet cable to one of two (also Ethernet)
"outputs" (similar to the ones RadioShack offers for telephone line
switching) ?

Thanks,
B.

Post by William P.N. Smit » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 02:38:57

>Anyone know if anyone makes a hopefully not too expensive simple manual A/B
>switch
>for swithing a single input Ethernet cable to one of two (also Ethernet)
>"outputs" (similar to the ones RadioShack offers for telephone line
>switching) ?

Try Black Box or L-Com
--

ComputerSmiths Consulting, Inc.    www.compusmiths.com

Ethernet Cable A/B Switch: Who Manufactures Them ?

Post by Philip Datne » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:01:08

The one I use is called "Pocket T-Switch", made by inmac, product #857250.
I got it at an electronic flea market about 9 years ago.
Phil

Post by Gary Breuckma » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:02:42

> Anyone know if anyone makes a hopefully not too expensive simple manual
> A/B switch
> for swithing a single input Ethernet cable to one of two (also Ethernet)
> "outputs" (similar to the ones RadioShack offers for telephone line
> switching) ?

Can I ask what you plan on doing?
In most cases a hub would be easier.

Also, if you are connecting to a cable modem, if you change the computer
connected you must, with many systems, power cycle the cable modem
since it remembers the MAC address it was talking to and won't connect
to a different one.  An inexpensive router is the best choice here.

-- Gary Breuckman